This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hi comp pistons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 11:47am
And his union plumbing job. Heck let's group it together n call it spunk101
Sponsored Links

SF 49ers Fan View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF 49ers Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Ihateillinoisnazis Ihateillinoisnazis wrote:

Originally posted by SF 49ers Fan SF 49ers Fan wrote:

Rob, There is no E in tomato. JBYA
XXXOOO'sHeart

And there is no "b" in "Rod". If you wanna nit pick spelling you better have yours correct.   Nice try, next time try harder...

Thats funny and your touchy!!!Angry 
XXXOOO'sHeart
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Ken(MI) Ken(MI) wrote:

Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Did Pank show up and use the free pass in Tomah that you offered? I figured he must of, because I never saw him at Elkhart Lake. I hope he didn't show or I might be jealous. Tenatively I'm going to Mid-Ohio in August, maybe he can stay with Butch, and they can come out to the track together.
plumbing critique from a guy that doesnt  know what R 45 L  is on a set of tubing benders let alone the friction loss for a close 90 degree bend.  yeah I am speculating prove me wrong. 
What I'm wondering here Mitch, is if you understand the friction loss of that tubing that looks like it was borrowed from Grandpap's still? I would also like to remind you that the war has been over for some time now, so why all the Yankee cracks about women, food and your superior culinary skills? I know many fine people from the south, and always enjoy myself down there, but I really don't see all this superiority you claim. You may lay claim to Deliverance, but Burt Reynolds was born right here in Lansing, bet that fact blows your favorite movie for you. Why don't you quit trying to make us believe all these stories and just be anothere one of the guys? You seem to belittle guys like Gary, Marty, Butch, and others, but WHY? They are all known quantities, pictures of quality workmanship prove it and many have seen it in person, you make great claims, and then post pictures like the above, and virtually no one seems to come out of the woodwork and support your claims.
thats what i thought ken has no clue to what the markings on a tubing bender are  .   a 1/2 inch close radius 90 has the same friction loss as 2 feet of straight tubing

Edited by mlpankey - 02 Jul 2013 at 7:16pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF 49ers Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by THE-MAN THE-MAN wrote:

Nazi, it's probably the other half of mitchs split personality

And we have another Keyboard Commando on here!!!Wacko
XXXOOO'sHeart
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF 49ers Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by NNYACAL NNYACAL wrote:

Does anyone out there know if you can install ap46 M&W pistons in a series four d-17 without any cutting?
Next what are some experiencies with rear wheel weights versus liquid
ballast?

Boy did you ever come to the wrong place to ask!!!
See what you went and started.
XXXOOO'sHeart
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 8:12pm

] thats what i thought ken has no clue to what the markings on a tubing bender are  .   a 1/2 inch close radius 90 has the same friction loss as 2 feet of straight tubing

Today the excuse for the grade school installation is long radius bends. Yesterday it was just a fit up, several months ago it was mocked up for Marty. As originally posted you were  proud of it.. until somebody told you it looked like Chit. 

As for who doesnt know about tubing benders it has only been a day Plinko?? But just for you please post that under this picture of your work so I can save it for future generations to chuckle at? 

Southern fluid dynamic engineering at Plank the Crank speed shop. Who needs a bender when you have a rock in each hand is our motto. 

Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 8:19pm
 Butch, what does it matter ? It's hillbilly yard art. Some where else there prolly other assorted "decorations" , you know,  like a vega or something on its side to make that tranny swap easier.
NNYACAL View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NNYACAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 8:33pm
Thanks WI50
Took the NOS pistons to the machine shop yesterday and they removed .170
as you advised looks just perfect installed in new3 sleeves in the
cylinder, will finish porting and polishing the head and intake soon.
I now have a D-17 series one with AP48 installed with minor porting and polishing that turns 72 H.P. on the dyno and has won many pulls, lots
of fun on a limited budget.
G,IB,B,C,CA,RC,WC,WF,WD,WD45,D14,D17SERIES 1,2,4
BRYAN H View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRYAN H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 7:29am
WI50
I NEED YOUR PHONE NUMBER. I NEED A ENGINE PARTS
BRYAN
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 9:05am

Did Pank show up and use the free pass in Tomah that you offered? I figured he must of, because I never saw him at Elkhart Lake. I hope he didn't show or I might be jealous. Tenatively I'm going to Mid-Ohio in August, maybe he can stay with Butch, and they can come out to the track together.
plumbing critique from a guy that doesnt  know what R 45 L  is on a set of tubing benders let alone the friction loss for a close 90 degree bend.  yeah I am speculating prove me wrong. 
What I'm wondering here Mitch, is if you understand the friction loss of that tubing that looks like it was borrowed from Grandpap's still? I would also like to remind you that the war has been over for some time now, so why all the Yankee cracks about women, food and your superior culinary skills? I know many fine people from the south, and always enjoy myself down there, but I really don't see all this superiority you claim. You may lay claim to Deliverance, but Burt Reynolds was born right here in Lansing, bet that fact blows your favorite movie for you. Why don't you quit trying to make us believe all these stories and just be anothere one of the guys? You seem to belittle guys like Gary, Marty, Butch, and others, but WHY? They are all known quantities, pictures of quality workmanship prove it and many have seen it in person, you make great claims, and then post pictures like the above, and virtually no one seems to come out of the woodwork and support your claims.
thats what i thought ken has no clue to what the markings on a tubing bender are  .   a 1/2 inch close radius 90 has the same friction loss as 2 feet of straight tubing
You are correct Panky, I have not used a tubing bender in several years, and from the looks of your work, you have never used one. If I was going to, I can assure you the outcome would be drastically different from yours. It seems that you bolster your ego by testing others to see what they know even when your own workmanship is demonstrated as a notch past rough. It must make you feel good to fail someone with one of your "tests", but the pathetic part is, you make big quotes, but your end product aint so good. I'm going North this weekend, and even though I'm not much on pictures, I'll get some of my amatuer fabrication work on one of my tractors and post on Monday, let's say wheelie bars, I'll post my pics, you post yours, and we will let the guys on here judge, I built mine 8 or 10 years ago, and I will take pics as is, you get all weekend to grind and shine and do whatever.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Gary in da UP Gary in da UP wrote:

Butch, what does it matter ? It's hillbilly yard art. .

Hmmm, you have a point there, I'll bet the chassis is out front surrounded with old toilets and white painted tires filled with purdy posies Big smile.  We can look forward to Ken's pictures at least, ithey will thin out the work of the resident hilljack hack from Vols country and along with Marty's work bring the quality up around here. 

Edited by Butch(OH) - 03 Jul 2013 at 10:08am
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 10:45am
Sorry Bryan I forgot to get back to you earlier, sometimes I forget to answer and sometimes I just run out of time.  715-790-1869 and if it's Deforest as in Deforest WI, I'll be down in Eitzen Mn tonight, Waupun Wi. on saturday night and the following sat night down in Monroe Wi.

That's right pank I'll be pulling at places that exist with real spectators and competition.  But I have no doubts that I will not be bringing home any top honors.  See Lynn and Peissig, have 30 yrs of experience, and several Grand National titles.   Whettelson and the Chezik teams are running strong with some TB powerplants and have results to back up my claims that they are tough, the Red Thunder machine, Swenby and others have a few years on me also.  But we all get allong pretty good and try to get everyone down the track as far as possiable.  We even make a few southerner jokes.  We've only made 4 passes and are still in tuneing stages..... but none the less I'm hopeing to make it down the track each and every time and get lucky once in a while.  I'm sure Pankey Motorsports has perfect passes the first time out, every time.  But do us a favor and let me know who's running your stuff........  I love all the rednecks that come up and know just what to do to make things better, my reply is alwayse the same "so you built one also, how'd you do tonight?"

It's not like you pank to back down from a challenge like Ken is offering.  Rod has been challenging to see how to get pistons out the bottom on the  4 7/8 bore engine but you're ignoring him also.  Several of us have asked to see you pull in person, see the results, location, time, etc. it's all important information you can pass allong.  I could participate in the wheelie bar-fabrication challenge to I suppose, I could do you a favor and find your hideous pictures, double click on them and post them in this thread if you don't have time to do so by monday.  Just give me some time to get them up, or hopefully once again Butch would take care of the dirty work if he has the time.  ( dirty work- an acronym for pics of pankeys work)

And last but not least, thank's for the yankee comments.  In case you haven't heard, the war is over and the north (or yankees) won. There's 2 sides to every battle and in the end there's a winner and a looser.  So calling someone is yank is like saying "you're a winner".  Nothing has changed in the past few hundred years, the north still has the technology, the advances and the design and manufactureing and the sheer mechanical ability to dominate.  There's a good share of good people in the south, but for some of them there's plenty of ignorance thinking that the war is still going on and worried about what "dem dar yanks is up to". 

"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:01am
Originally posted by NNYACAL NNYACAL wrote:

Took the NOS pistons to the machine shop yesterday

Here ya go pank,  I didn't delete the rest of the words in the paragraph I quoted to be as you would say "childish".  I deleted them so you would have less to read and comprehend.  I've noticed that to much information isn't good and can be over your head and wasted.  Like drawing a vacuume on a hose with oil spraying past the end of it can cause oil to be drawn up.  Heat from exhaust can cause oil to burn and smoke.

Know what NOS means?  New Old Stock..... meaning his 50yr old pistons are in 50yr old new condition.  Sure not as nice a ordering a new set with the latest greatest trick of the week, but totally useable and fine for those of us who go have a little fun at a public event with an old tractor.  

Not really worth a week of fretting and several pages on a public forum of people embarassing you now is it? 
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 3:58pm
Sorry Marty but did a quick look and only found a wheel pic but it's good for purposes of this discussion maybe? Obviously this was not during the Rice and Cane tire period.

I dont know how this was done but my guess is Panks Cranks has apparently found many uses for the broad axe in his speed shop?  Maybe he will explain?? 
 Was hoping to catch a glimpse of the Gleason in one of the shop pics, they are a neat machine.  He must keep it outside somewhere? I hope under a tarpShocked

Edited by Butch(OH) - 03 Jul 2013 at 3:59pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 10:52am
picture in 2009 or 2010 don't have that two bay garage anymore nor did i have a gleason at that two bay garage. remember i bought this one when the two bay left.

Edited by mlpankey - 04 Jul 2013 at 10:57am
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:03am
I know if you where thinking that body work might be the only thing i couldn't do .Get that idea out of your head also  new inner fenders quarter panel and rear tail pan was installed by me and painted by me in this 67.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:10am
I had planned to put the .100 over 427 in the camaro . you know it came out of the 8.90 quick rod with the dragster headers that swept over the slicks with the morso scavenging system like marty runs that he says will pump oil into the headers.   Its amazing that the ihra/nhra tech officials would let us run such a system over the slicks if it does like marty says is normal during every pass.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 1:34pm
So you'll have no problem showing us pics of yourself, the 5 machinists and your gleason on monday.  Make sure to include yourself in the pic at the helm of the gleason.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

So you'll have no problem showing us pics of yourself, the 5 machinists and your gleason on monday.  Make sure to include yourself in the pic at the helm of the gleason.
i haven't got as much problem showing pictures as you do.  I find it hard for you to be as demanding on pictures when you post none and have been asked several times to by different people .  Monday i will be in edinboro till the 21st remember
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 1:53pm
After a beatdown like you're takeing here, you will need a few weeks off.  Better get those pics before monday then.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 1:59pm
Wi lets talk about embarrassing trouble. Its apparent you have had trouble with main cap breakage to the point of going to all kind of extremes to reduce your failures from it. Heres a tip  stake or pin caps align hone caps original ones and definitely  made ones . pinning or staking caps will reduce cap walk or oscillations .  Tip two the smaller the journal diameter the more clearance needed cause the crank tends to whip more with smaller journals. The crank any crank should flex and the clearances should be set for crank flex. A crank that can't flex is a  invite for a broken bottom end. Wi i would like to extend a Thank you to you ,since you posted the bottom end pictures of the mains in your wc  work at our shop has really started coming in . We get to fix all the overlooked problems a person creates by trying to reduce main cap failure by  following your post on it. We find steel caps of various sizes since your posts , not square, off center, shimmed , no hone marks indicating its not been align honed since caps were struck on it not fitted and a crank shaft that can not be turned without use of a  bar let alone by hand .   I wonder if the fitting of caps has been overlooked by you as it has been by your following. Either way its cash in my pocket

Edited by mlpankey - 04 Jul 2013 at 2:53pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF 49ers Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 8:24am
Did this post and all the drama with it finally die???
mlpankey had the last word.
That makes him the winner.Hug
XXXOOO'sHeart
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 8:43am
You are some sort of fake. You also bring nothing to the forum. At least Pank RodB WI50 Nazihater Ken Butch(oh) Carl and myself are arguing tractor based stuff. You dont. You serve no purpose here. Why did someone make you up again?
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF 49ers Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 9:07am
Sounds like someone is upset.Angry
Try harder on another topic and you could also be the winner.
XXXOOO'sHeart

Edited by SF 49ers Fan - 07 Jul 2013 at 9:08am
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 9:24am

The difference in southern puling and yankee pulling is we try to keep the water out of the oil and exhaust pan . I have seen so many northern tractors blow water at the end of the pull like marty does in his videos . Seen a natpa points winner that silicon glass had glued the piston rings to the piston . Its not to impressive or saying much for the competition. Then you yanks cant get past a picture of a mockup to see if it works before purchasing the braided hose and a n fittings . South is king in motorsports food beverage and women  .  At the national championship the yankee announcer couldn't anounce the ball game for being awe struck by Miss Alabama must of been the first southern bell he ever had seen. The copper was roll copper bent with long radius to reduce friction loss for mockup  but i agree it looks like a yankee women. ps yankee women the tn redneck will be in edinboro saturday. 

Gee here in Yankee country we do stuff like manufacture some stuff still. Not to mention that Iowa, where I live is the number one pork and corn producing state. The south couldn't make do without the north in the civil war then and they still can't now, which is good as it keeps the country together as for southern women, don't you hate that it's your cousin every time
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 9:29am

we have good beverages.  his moroso vacuum pump shouldn't blow oil at end either. shops closed for fourth when we get back assembly of a big ci  4 cylinder 226 will start i hope to post so marty can see how to build something large in aliis brand since he likes hanging out here. moline and case just isnt much of a repute.
kiss crankcase ventilation 

He changed his mind again. just the other day he was saying something about not pulling with anything smaller than 500 cubic inches
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF 49ers Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 9:29am
Originally posted by THE-MAN THE-MAN wrote:

You are some sort of fake. You also bring nothing to the forum. At least Pank RodB WI50 Nazihater Ken Butch(oh) Carl and myself are arguing tractor based stuff. You dont. You serve no purpose here. Why did someone make you up again?

I love the line "You also bring nothing to the forum", Is this what you call bringing something to the forum?

[QUOTE=THE-MAN]And his union plumbing job. Heck let's group it together n call it spunk101

Now that is some tractor based stuff!!!

XXXOOO'sHeart
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 2:54am

Wi lets talk about embarrassing trouble. Its apparent you have had trouble with main cap breakage to the point of going to all kind of extremes to reduce your failures from it. Heres a tip  stake or pin caps align hone caps original ones and definitely  made ones . pinning or staking caps will reduce cap walk or oscillations .  Tip two the smaller the journal diameter the more clearance needed cause the crank tends to whip more with smaller journals. The crank any crank should flex and the clearances should be set for crank flex. A crank that can't flex is a  invite for a broken bottom end. Wi i would like to extend a Thank you to you ,since you posted the bottom end pictures of the mains in your wc  work at our shop has really started coming in . We get to fix all the overlooked problems a person creates by trying to reduce main cap failure by  following your post on it. We find steel caps of various sizes since your posts , not square, off center, shimmed , no hone marks indicating its not been align honed since caps were struck on it not fitted and a crank shaft that can not be turned without use of a  bar let alone by hand .   I wonder if the fitting of caps has been overlooked by you as it has been by your following. Either way its cash in my pocket

I never had any main cap or main bearing problems. I built parts to prevent problems before I had any.

What would make you think a guy can make steel caps and put on a block without doing any line boreing and honeing? Only a complete idiot would post what you did here. An idiot with no practical experience. Allis even used shims under the caps to get these old crude parts to fit. Quit posting this rubbish and getting your nose rubbed in it. It's not usefull but at least it's entertaining.

And please figure out if you think I used a vac pump or an exhaust drawn device to pull a negative pressure on the crankcase. I've pretty well laid out the physics of it, explained it and you're still on different systems depending on what post one reads.

Now on to more plinko stupidity................

Edited by wi50 - 09 Jul 2013 at 2:58am
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 11:45am
What did you spray that camaro with Panks? You got a restoration shop too?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic