This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help finding info on forklifts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yerckson3420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help finding info on forklifts
    Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 3:43pm

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and know nothing about allis chalmers. BUT my father in law loves them.  My guess is that he used them around the farm as a young boy and it made a bond he will have for life.

He is looking to buy am all terrain fork lift that has a similar body style to this picture. But he tells me it says "600" on the forklift. He wanted me to find out more about the 600 model before he bought it.

I was hoping someone could help me with info, history or even just links to sites. I would greatly appreciate it, I know he is excited about the fork lift. I have the serial number 600-1627f. I was hoping to find the year of it, horse power, lifting chart and the weight of the machine. And any other information too.

Thank you so much!!

Sponsored Links

yerckson3420 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yerckson3420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 3:53pm
Best I can find is its a 1960 with a d 15 engine.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 8:49pm

Unsure whaere you are located but Herc U Lift was the AC forklift dealer in this area and has a lot of information on AC industrial equipment and forklifts.

AC fork machines was sold to CDS and then to Ingersol Rand,  MINNPAR is the distrubitor for parts for the machines and you might find some info from them.

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Allen Dilg View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen Dilg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 9:49pm
  According to god's book [ Mr Norm Swinford ]  the 600fl   #1627.   1968 was the last year made,   with the last serial # being 1714.  160 cu   56.8 hp    We picked up a 600 with a 30' mast this year, don't have the serial# handy, but we use this machine regularly.   Allen
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yerckson3420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 11:00pm
Coke and Allen thank you very much! I will get the info to him and see if that helps. We live in northern illinois. Not very close to Afton.

I wonder if its close to a 1968 then because the serial number is close? I guess it depends on how many they produced a year.

He has no idea what it would be worth either. It runs good and is functional. Needs some metal cut out and replaced with straight stuff. Needs new tires and a paint job but otherwise in fairly good shape.

Allen Dilg View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen Dilg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 8:20pm
  The serial # are first 1967 1001 --1114     1968    1115  --1711  =711 units produced.   I live in Gurnee, IL   and have a faif collection of Allis Chalmers. you can call 847 244 7257   Allen Dilg
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yerckson3420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Allen Dilg Allen Dilg wrote:

The serial # are first 1967 1001 --1114     1968    1115  --1711  =711 units produced.   I live in Gurnee, IL   and have a faif collection of Allis Chalmers. you can call 847 244 7257   Allen Dilg

Thank you very much! The father in law called herc u lift and they were apparently helpful. Because he bought the forklift this weekend and is already working on it!! If we nedd any more help or have questions I won't hesitate to call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic