This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Dealers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 8:11pm
Does anyone have a list of Florida dealers, we are visiting there in June . Thanks .
Sponsored Links

Sterlingfixer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sterlingfixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 9:18am
I remember the A-C dealership in Washington Boro, and found your post while looking for any details about it.

My recollections as a young child... 2 Story wooden building with a coal or wood stove.  Wooden floors, Closed in the early to mid 70's.
When they closed, we need to go to the north of Lancaster to the next nearest dealer.  They also closed perhaps 10 years later.

I can't recall any names or addresses, or any more details.  If you have found any, message me.
MaddMatt1969 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMatt1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 5:55pm
I know this is 13 years late …
Linimuth’s in Fowlerville MI
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 7:22pm
Here in Iowa it seemed like every town with a population over 200 people had an AC dealership. Within 18 miles of where I grew up, there were 3 dealerships.
shamrock View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 10:13am
Well as long as this thread is still going ... My great uncle was the silent partner (money) for the AC dealership in Wellsville, NY before, during and after the war. Schoonover was the dealership. My grandfather bought a new WC from them in '46. They had a couple buildings, my dad cut one apart with a chainsaw and put it up on the farm, it was our garage the add posters were still on the wall.  Sometime in the 50's they sold to Paul F Culbert and sons. My dad bought a new D15 in April of '62, i came along in June the same year. Culberts went out in the late 2000's. Was frends of the family ... great people.

Kbuhmann View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kbuhmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 8:41pm
My grandfather Willy J Buhmann and father William F Buhmann had a dealership in Valparaiso Indiana until the 70’s “Buhmann Implement”.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic