This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Last pull of the year, took 4th

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Last pull of the year, took 4th
    Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 9:40pm
In the 8500 5 mph paced farm class.   Lot of the boys were pulling in second and were running out of snot, so I went down the tractor in 1st high and a screaming pace of 3.3 and about 230 dropped to 1st low.   Interesting track as the end goes uphill so the sled really digs in and kills any momentum you had.    Here is the video link:
Got beat out by a couple tractors but one was a beautiful D19 diesel, so didn't feel too bad about that.   Also pulled in the 7000 paced farm but should have did some things different as I took 8th out of 12.   I think there was 14 or 15 tractors in the 8500 class so I felt good about my pull.   Not bad for a tractor that I bought with a bad clutch, and alot of other worn out stuff.   This tractor's hour meter no longer works and it rolled over 10000 when and alot of change before it stopped so you can imagine the amount of hours it has on it.   Got things together enough to make six total pulls this year and placed in three of them with a second, third, and fourth.    Was looking for some recommendations of what to do in the offseason.   I am gonna take the head off for sure and have it gone through as I know I have some worn valve guides etc. so it definately needs some attention.    Looking for some other ideas like would this engine benefit from some cam lobe work like Barney Taylor does to the WC/WD/WD45 engines?    I will most likely tear down the rear end as well and go through bearings etc. because this tractor has alot of hours and wear on it.   I think if I could get some more power out of it without going crazy and just getting the engine running top notch, I think I could really have a good competitive tractor for this coming year.    What would you guys recommend?   Unless I find another pull close by I have alot of time to start tinkering with this thing before next year. 
1955 WD45 diesel 203322 was my dad's tractor, 1966 D15 23530, 1961 HD3 Crawler 1918, 1966 D17 IV 83495, 1937 WC 41255, 1962 D19 6221
Sponsored Links

Bryan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 5:56am
Late diesel pistons are 15-1. Shave off top to get 12-1 or so. That would help out a bunch.
cornbinder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 7:03am
nice job chuck!! never got to pull mine this year, i'm in the process of buying a different truck and getting a gooseneck trailer so timing didn't work out. i have added a d-19 diesel to the stable now so we'll see what happens for next year. i would get the head milled to raise the compression, have it mildy ported&polished and possibly a mild cam. if you raise the compression 1 full point, add a cam and port work,  you'd be looking at a significant power increase. at this point from what i see your nor really being out powered on a consistant basis, you need to get it to bite. a little extra power never hurts though.LOL keep us posted, pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic