This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a few pulling tractor pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a few pulling tractor pics
    Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 8:10am

Some pics I may have shared before?....
 First is our component chassis light super taken in Medford Wi.
Second one is my old WC taken this spring.  Runs 3500 lb and up in outlaw or open RPM classes.
Third one is my WD45 set up for 4000 and up 3 and 4 mph or the farm stock type classes. 

Edited by wi50 - 12 Sep 2012 at 8:11am
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Sponsored Links

Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 2:29pm
What rear wheels are they off of? (WD45)
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 8:00am
 wi50,
   I need a fuel tank like you have on your WC. Where and how much$ should I expect...

Edited by cotncrzy - 17 Sep 2012 at 10:16am
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 12:01pm
I need 38" tires where you find those rims on the wd45? What size tires? Width if rims ? They look nice on the beauty!!
Bertman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bertman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by WildBill WildBill wrote:

I need 38" tires where you find those rims on the wd45? What size tires? Width if rims ? They look nice on the beauty!!

Get 9 bolt rims and I can give you the number of a guy who will make the adapters to 8 bolt. 

50 B   38? WC
41 C   50 WD
55 WD-45
49 M-M UTU
coming soon Massey 44 and a unstyled WC
wc3738@yahoo.com View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wc3738@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 6:45pm
what has been done to the wc open class iam going to build one u can call me 740-545-7755 thanks tom
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 9:52pm
The rims in the post pic look cleaner instead of adapters . I figured if there was a compatiable rim to order I wud . I have made calls to rim mfg places and it seems I'm waisting there time or something ? The aluminum guys were helpful except $3000 grand later.. If anyone has idea let me know otherwise I will cut centers etc. thanks to all Allis fans ... Billy
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 11:46am
The wheels are some John Deere wheels that I welded a small repair 8 bolt pattern in.  A local dealer has 8 bolt rings for about $30 so I cut the 9 bolt center out and welded these in.  Real simple.  I cut the complete center out of the wheels and moved them for a 60" wheel centers on the WD45. The tires are some free ones that one of my baleing customers had sitting in the shed, happy to get rid of.

As far as the WC engine, I made a lot of parts and did a lot of work to the cylinder head as far as cutting the head ports out and building new ones shaped right.  Built custom manifolding.  I even built the rocker arms and suppports myself after breaking enough parts.  I made billet steel main caps and girdle assembly to tie the bottom end togather.  Twin disc clutch, steel flywheel, SBC fluid dampner on the front of the crank. A lot of times it would turn in the high 5000's for RPM, now and then up over 6000 and a time or two it got up near 6500 if conditions were right.   There's a lot more to pay attention to, the first 4500 RPM are pretty easy to get out of an old engine, but the next couple thousand come after some pretty hard work.  Here's a pic I posted in the past, I've got more but would have to find them and transfer them.... that's not going to happen for a while as we're working in the fields a lot right now. 

Edited by wi50 - 21 Sep 2012 at 11:51am
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 2:13pm
HOLY SMOKES !!! THAT IS THE SH$T. THANKS FOR UPDATING ON THE WHEELS MUCH APPRECIATED ON REPY BACK.. AS FOR THAT OPEN CLASS WC YOUR EFFORTS AND PRIDE ARE RESPECTED ON MY BEHALF ..NAME IT ZEUS..? LOL  Thumbs Up
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 1:17pm
There's a youtube video of that WC running.

Congrats on the points placeing with the super stock.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic