This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zenith carburetor Kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zenith carburetor Kit
    Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 11:26am
I searched the internet about a month ago and found lots of info for my carb.  Now I can't seem to find any correct info.  I purchased one at NAPA but it is missing two of the peices I need. I can purchase the main valve adjuster online. While the kit I have would work it leaves me short the linkage arm and the bushings which I can't find.
It would also seem I've over paid for what I've got considering I didn't get the main valve adjustment.
Any suggestions for where to get this from. zenith 9707A (but not a kerosene engine I've found reference to the 9707.)

Edited by Redwood - 30 Jan 2012 at 1:51pm
Sponsored Links

stu(ON) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu(ON) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 12:49pm
Redwood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 10:27pm
Thanks for the reply
I did search that site and many other before posting.  The problem is finding the 9707A not the 9707.  The 9707 is listed for kerosene and our tractor is gas, low compression vs high,  not sure if the carburetors would be the same or not.  The kit I have has every thing I need except the main body throttle arm.  Unless I can find that on its own I need to locate the proper kits online.  The kit I have currently has the bushings but the kits I've seen online don't appear to come with the bushings.  The main valve adjustment needle I'm pretty sure no matter what I need to purchase it seperate so I should be good there.

Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 6:53am

What I'm getting from this post is the throttle shaft wobbles? If so, the throttle bore wears out, not so much the throttle shaft. In most cases, when I get a carb in for rebuilding and it needs throttle shaft work, I drill and sleeve (or bush depending on how much play there is) the bore to the throttle shaft. Use the seals that come with the kit, and yer' good to go. The 9707 and 9707A will utilize the same kit. Shouldn't be a problem there gas or kero... HTH

Steve@B&B

Redwood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 7:20am
thank you for the reply.

There is a sheet metal fold riveted onto on end of the shaft. It has snapped at the fold and is rusted enough it needs to be replaced(actual shaft is in great shape).  The rubber (I assume) bushing in one end of the top valve had disintigrated (I can use this shaft still). I have Already pulled it out and need to make or find a replacement.  There is one in the kit I have that I paid $50.00 for but it does not have the arm.  I did see some kits with the arm on the ballpark $40.00 to $50 dollars but I'm not sure if it has the bushing or if they are the right ones due to number inconsistancies and stock photos so I have no idea what is in the package.  The places I have spoken to more or less say what is in the package is in the package and I don't really want to spend $100.00 to get two kits when I only need one, for the sake of mixing and matching. 

I will go on the assumption 9707 and 9707A are the same kits.  The photos I've seen one of the shafts is wrong in appearance, I assume I can chaulk that up to stock photos?

Edited by Redwood - 31 Jan 2012 at 7:22am
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 7:41am
The carb kit covers both model carbs as I mentioned. I know that for a fact. Done enough of those. I'm not sure what you're discribing on the shaft. If you would, send a pic or two to my customcircuits@gmail.com e-mail address and I can see what you have. I have quite a few cores at the shop that I may be able to come up with a throttle shaft for you. I have new parts also. Be glad to help you out if I can....
Redwood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 7:52am
Thanks for the response.

I'm at work right now and the photos are on my home computer.  I'll send the photos tonight. It would be nice to finish this and get it back together.

stu(ON) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu(ON) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 12:25pm
Redwood, you are working with the best in Steve.  Since you have searched the web, you may already have found the following web sites.  However, the terminology that you're using is not really familiar, so maybe the parts explosions will help you nail it down.

The second part of this link gives details on the carb overhaul that you are looking at.  Give it time to download:

The following site will give you a parts explosion with some distinction between generations of 9707's.  Sign in as guest (View Books) and then search under AGCO Allis for WC.  Go to WC/WF and scroll down to Carb - Zenith 61 & 161.  You will find lots of detail.

I expect that Steve can fix you up.  Let me know if he comes up dry and I could dig through a parts box or two.

Redwood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 8:27pm
Thank's Stu, I would not have thought AGCO would have the parts book online.  That will be enough info to get me through the project. 
That is a big help to get that link
Redwood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 7:53am
Steve
I sent an email last night with the part numbers(listed on the agco site) That I need if the come in a kit or need to be purchased additionally. I'll be returning the NAPA ones if I can get a kit with more of what I need. Let me know if you still need the photo as I'll have to take new ones, there is something wrong with the file transfer on the camera those photos are on.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic