This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neon Signs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neon Signs
    Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 4:51pm
Anyone want to take a guess what it cost  to put all new Neon on this sign with a new starter box.Should be getting it back frist week of Feb. .Will look a lot better lit up .
Sign is a  4 x 8.
Sponsored Links

Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:01pm
$ 2,495.16
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:01pm

Not much compared to the National Debt?    Thats my guess

IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:33pm
I'll take a stab at it. 800.00
Yea, I can fix that.....
Danny(NWOH) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny(NWOH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:36pm
Probably alot more than what the signs worth
smokey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:43pm
Oh what the hang, I guess $1649.00 plus tax
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:51pm
   Is it one or two sided ?
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Danny(NWOH) Danny(NWOH) wrote:

Probably alot more than what the signs worth
Even a high priced  neon sign  shop would not be higher then what the sign is worth  in the sign market .Most signs like these are not bought by the average collecter,but , most of the time I happen to be at the right place at the right time..But it dose take 2 people who want something to make it go sky high
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Rfdeere Rfdeere wrote:

Is it one or two sided ?
All signs are 2 sided !!!! ,LOL.     yes one sided with face..
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:53pm
Are you going to tell us Fred?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:28pm
$1,362.54
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 9:52pm
There used to be a dealer in Elsberry MO that had one like that, except it was double sided. A sign guy restored it for free to get advertisement for his business. I heard it later brought $5000 at auction.  I had one tube replaced on a small Lawn-Boy sign. That was $150.  I would guess the estimates of $1200-$1500 would be about right for the tubes.  I have no idea what the transformer goes for.

Edited by ACmowerguy - 11 Jan 2012 at 9:53pm
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 7:21am
Several boat payments.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 7:35am
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Are you going to tell us Fred?
When I get sign back I will post picture of sign  lighted  and Price of Neon. 2 of the big sign company's around here,use one guy to sub their  neon work  to mostly because of the LED's now and the few good guys left to do neon in this area.A friend mind (witch are few of) told me of this guy that has the small shop .got me hooked up with him .He priced the neon on the sign ,working and out the door at 1/3 the price(CASH ) of the big sign company.
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

..........A friend mind (witch are few of).... .

Whatch u mean "witch are few of"?       We are all yor frinds on here.!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 9:54am
Originally posted by GlenninPA GlenninPA wrote:

Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

..........A friend mind (witch are few of).... .

Whatch u mean "witch are few of"?       We are all yor frinds on here.!!!!
GLEN ,I THINK YOU GOT TO Harvey  NOW THAT I THINK OF IT.He bought Linda and I lunch the other day.He's trying to get me to trust him !!!!!!!! Then you and Dave come along !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 10:14am
just relax...
u got nothing to worry about, that Harvey, Dave and me can't take care of.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 4:56pm
we have a shop in Wooster that does neon stuff like that.  They got a guy that does it for them and help bring the business in.  Same reasons//LED's, etc
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 9:51pm
 Glenn, He ran back "to get us a table" and being the gentleman that I am, I bought Linda lunch & she shared with Fred. He called yesterday to return the favor and offered to buy me lunch at Red Lobster, of course I was clear across the other side of the county. How does he know that?? You think he has a tracker on my phone? When I am close by its hot dogs every time...Harvey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic