This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190-190XT Prior S/N 23001 Owners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190-190XT Prior S/N 23001 Owners
    Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 6:05pm
While changing old hydraulic hoses on my XT, I found that the 1/2" steel tube that goes from the rear of the hydraulic pump and under the left side of the radiator on its way up to the tube-fin oil cooler, had some pretty good pits in it where it lays under the radiator area. I suppose the pits are the result of moisture and debris/dirt laying under the tube for years. I found that this tube (70246307) is no longer available through AGCO, and was not found in any Dealer stock. I wanted to keep it origional, and the bends are too tight to make it myself, so I got a quote from Mid-State Sales in Columbus,OH. The cost for one is $175 each. If I order 5, it drops to $55 each. If anyone is planning to refurbish, restore, or just do preventitive maintenence on their tractor, now would be the time to get this tube. I just got the quote today from Mid-State, and plan on calling my order in on Monday, as I need to get my tractor operational soon. If you would like one please send me a PM. Your cost would be $55 plus tax and shipping, probably around $80 final cost. As far as quality goes, I have no previous experience with Mid-State. You can go to their website and decide for yourself. They make tubes, hoses and combinations of both for the auto industry and Military use.  This tube is for 190/190XT prior to S/N 23001, with oil cooler and w/o PTO clutch. You can view it on AGCO Parts Book for this tractor, on page 310. Let me know by Sunday night if you would like one ordered.
Sponsored Links

JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 6:56am
bump
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 7:32am
I'm beginning to think there may not be any interest in making any extra lines...
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 8:39am
Jim, I am giving it some thought. I'll have a look at this particular line on my XT today and see what kind of shape it is in. But I would expect that one more order won't help you out much if you don't get 5 total. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 2:46pm
Darrel, I didn't mention in the origional post, that the price for 2 was $100 each because I was planning to get a second one made to put on Dad's early 190 along with an oil cooler as his did not come with one. If anyone wanted one at this point, they would be looking at $100 plus freight. I also believe they probably would be tax exempt. The pitting would be on the underside of the tubing, best viewed from behind the grille.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 2:58pm

Jim,

I am needing a steel line that runs from the hyd. pump to the hyd. block on a D21. It is no longer avaliable from agco either. The problem I have is I dont have a pattern. I would like a new one made. Do you think these people could help me?

Thanks,

IG

Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 4:05pm
IG,
I'm sure they would, but they would need an origional to give you a quote. I sent mine by UPS to them and had the quote back email in 2 days. They told me 2 days lead time on making the new ones. I was very happy/surprised to find a company like that, that would do piece meal work.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 6:40pm
Count me in, Jim. Guess I'll take one. Darrel
Kevin in WA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin in WA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 7:46pm
Jim, If its not too late I will take one also. Thanks Kevin
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 8:44pm
Darrel and Kevin,
Thanks for pitching in on the order. I will place an order for 5 of the tubes tomorrow. Once they are done and I have mine installed to verify proper fit, I'll send you a PM to arrange payment and shipping. With Thanksgiving this week, I would guess we  would be looking at probably 2 weeks time. If anyone else would like to have one in the meantime, send me a message.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 8:17am
Thanks, Jim. I am sure that in a short time, you'll be able to get rid of the fifth one as well. Darrel
wmchris View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 6:06pm
After having these made, did you end up with any left overs? If not, do you know if they stored the pattern in case you ever wanted to reorder?

Thanks, Chris
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by wmchris wmchris wrote:

After having these made, did you end up with any left overs? If not, do you know if they stored the pattern in case you ever wanted to reorder?

Thanks, Chris

This post was created 8 years ago.  My line was pitted in places and ruptured in 1 spot.  I brazed them up and ground them smooth afterwards.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
wmchris View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by DSeries4 DSeries4 wrote:

Originally posted by wmchris wmchris wrote:

Thanks, Chris

This post was created 8 years ago.  My line was pitted in places and ruptured in 1 spot.  I brazed them up and ground them smooth afterwards.

Knew it was a long shot. Just thought I'd ask. I don't have the original for a pattern. My Dad must have replaced it with a rubber hose years ago. Thanks for the info.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 6:54pm
This post started 8 years ago but there seems to be interest in having more made plus I need another one for one of my tractors. Who else would be interested? Chime in now. I've included photos of the line and cooler that it attaches to. I'm sure price hasn't gone down in the 8 years since. Not looking for a commitment at this point, but would prior to ordering once I get a price.

wmchris View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 6:58pm
Possibly 2.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 9:08pm
I May be interested
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
DCAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 9:42pm
Are you having just one or both of the lines in the photo made?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 11:47am
Originally posted by DCAC DCAC wrote:

Are you having just one or both of the lines in the photo made?

Just the lower one. The upper one is up under the hood and usually out of harms way as far as dirt/moisture and corrosion is concerned. By the way, they don't come painted like the one in the photo. I painted that one prior to installation.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 4:25pm
WOW, lots of money saved there

Edited by DougG - 30 May 2019 at 4:20am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

WOW, lots of money made there

Well DougG, just who do do think will make the most money?
   1. UPS
   2. Mid State Sales
   3. JimWenigOH

Once I get the facts and figures, I'll present them here so everyone will be able to make an informed decision prior to committing. Were you interested in any?
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 4:22am
Sorry Jim I had to edit my post ,I meant lots of money saved there as in other prices

Edited by DougG - 30 May 2019 at 4:42am
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 6:08am
Knowing Jim Wenig and without seeing the figures I will say that he isn't making dink on these lines, providing a service basically for free.
DCAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 8:59pm
Both lines and the cooler are gone on mine, so I'd be interested in both lines. Perhaps someone else would need the top one as well?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Sorry Jim I had to edit my post ,I meant lots of money saved there as in other prices

Hey thanks Doug, appreciate that. Thumbs Up
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:46pm
Well, talked with Mid-State today. They found my original order with the specs from 2011, so I won't have to ship a line to them to copy. This line will now carry the A-C P/N 246307 in their files. You can check your Parts Catalogs to make sure this is the line you need. It's listed as "TUBE ASSY., pump to cooler, Prior to S/N 23001, with oil cooler and w/o P.T.O. clutch. Price hadn't changed much over the years, 1 tube was $100+, 5 tubes are $54.42 each, 10 tubes are $41.40 each. I am placing an order for ten. They are "crazy busy" now so delivery is 1 to 1 1/2 months out. Once I receive them, I'll contact the folks who have replied so far and try to sell the rest here on the Forum or maybe to my AGCO dealer. Your cost will be the quoted price of $41.40 plus a share of the UPS shipping to me, plus the UPS shipping to you, plus a small fee for packaging material and labels. To those who've not responded, but would like one let me know ASAP in case we want to increase the order quantity. This is the last time I plan on doing this for this part. Keep em rolling!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 8:02pm
I received the hydraulic lines yesterday from Mid-State. Cost per line is $43 plus shipping to you. Send me a PM if you want any along with a shipping address, and I'll get you a shipping quote.  Jim

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic