This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worked the 6060 the last two days

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky wonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: worked the 6060 the last two days
    Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 8:13pm
well i have determined that i really like the 6060, i helped my friend get caught up on some work, so while he was cutting and working hay i put the Allis in the dirty stuff

i cut  50 acres of heavy crep cover and she ran fine, i could pull the  woods 120, thru the heavy growth native grasses faster than i could set in the seat,the tractor would hande it easily in 2nd high but it rode better in 1st high

and many times i was standing on the platform, to see over the tall johnson grass

i pulled the 10 footer over 50 acres in twelve hours, and it used 30 gals of fuel,

i really like the fuel economy

Edited by ky wonder - 30 Jun 2011 at 8:14pm
i like old tractors of all colors
Sponsored Links

jhid View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 9:51pm
[TUBE]4CMZagGLquk[/TUBE]
looks like you had a fun time playing today!
red and green are nice for christmas, but orange is all year round
http://www.canadianantiquetractor.com/tractorforum/
ky wonder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky wonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 2:27pm
i did enjoy the work!
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 8:20pm
IS that deere slow to tie? The only big baler I ever ran was a NH and it had an arrow pointing left or right to tell where you needed to be. Pulled it with a 4250 JD 13sp PS. That was the easiest baling I ever did except in a light second cutting trying to run 12mph to fill the baler up. You really need a seat belt to stay in the seat if you don't have big windrows like you are baling.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 9:06pm
I see you have the 6060 for sale now?
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
ky wonder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky wonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 8:26am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

IS that deere slow to tie? The only big baler I ever ran was a NH and it had an arrow pointing left or right to tell where you needed to be. Pulled it with a 4250 JD 13sp PS. That was the easiest baling I ever did except in a light second cutting trying to run 12mph to fill the baler up. You really need a seat belt to stay in the seat if you don't have big windrows like you are baling.
that is an older deere roller that only has one tie arm and it is slower than the newer ones that tie from both sides,  it is my friends and i have never pulled it, the last roller i owned was a new holland bar chain roller with manual tie and that was over 30 years ago

hay rollers have gone full circle since those days

the first roller i used was a old vemeer, that was a belt roller, then i went to the bar chain nh, and now everthing seems to have reverted back to the belt rollers.

ky wonder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky wonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Charlie175 Charlie175 wrote:

I see you have the 6060 for sale now?
i do have it for sale along with a 4020 john deere and a 1355 oliver, all of which are good tractors,  i like old tractors and buy and swap them more as a hobby than anything else.

we sold all the milk cows years ago, and most of the productive farm land, my brother and i both have small 24 acre places that we live on and we have 500 acres of remote rough land left, (lonesome hollow) that has been in the family since the 1770's, of that only about 130 are tillable, and mostly in fescue, we give the hay away to another neihbor who lives just over the knob,and that leaves me with about 50 acres that my brother and i keep bush hogged , and the only crop i put out now is for the wild life, i keep a few scattered 3-6 acre food plots out for the deer and turkey

the 6060 i bought about 2 months ago at an estate auction an this is the first i have used it to any extent, and it was a pleasure to use,

i just like old tractors and farm machinery
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic