This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did I blow my hydraulic pump?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1greenhornfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did I blow my hydraulic pump?
    Posted: 29 May 2011 at 9:29pm
I recently bought an old I-40 backhoe, after running about 3hrs,( I have  about 10hrs total experience), the hydraulics shut down. I didnt hear any breakage sounds, right after it happened I had hyd to the front loader but that went pretty fast too. Any advise on what to do next would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Sponsored Links

SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:28am
have nuff oil in the resivor?
easygoin4 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easygoin4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 8:03am
I am a 2.5 yr owner of an I-40 Loader/Backhoe and have all the manuals for her- in Email format if you would like one send me an email.  I would like to see pictures of yours if possible.  My girl still works pretty good- just bushings/Pins little wore out along with a slow dropping boom and outriggers.  The main thing I wish is that the Loader had more KURL in it I find it hard to pick up a load with it.  I am new to this whole tractor thing but Love it.
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 11:12am
Check the pump coupling.
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
1greenhornfarmer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1greenhornfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 4:32pm
OK, had a friend look at it, didn't have tools to take off front grill, but he pointed out the chains were not lined up right at the pump. Hopefully not a broken shaft, I hope to get there tomorrow and open her up. please be easy fix, please be easy fix, please be easy fix...
pineyjd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pineyjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 4:59am
If it's been sitting ?,I would change hyd filter,turn pump by hand if poss. to see if it binds.
the grill comes off easy 4 bolts & pump is not to bad to work on.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic