This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

#10 Roto Baler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #10 Roto Baler
    Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:21pm
Bought this on a auction the other week. C1597 Roto Baler, 3rd to last number 10 built.

Sponsored Links

wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:33pm
Looks pretty nice. I think I'll have to pick up a Roto Baler someday after I get the WD fixed up. Never baled with one but it looks manageable.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:35pm

Thats a #10 by serial number, but it has been converted back to a standard rotobaler. I'm pretty sure #10's never had a white top either. Still a neat find though.

Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 8:30pm
Yes, it has been converted, but I do plan on putting the convayor back on it, and no, they werent white tops, one of the previous owner painted it.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 8:49pm
Somebody needs to convert one of them there Roto balers to a wrap instead of twine and go pick up snow with it. 
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 9:13pm

Haha, there ya go! Couple of my buddy's asked if i ran it, i told them I made a bunch of snow bales in the front yard. Lol

orangereborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 11:52pm
Carl...I found the books for it.  There are five different ones.  One book for the conversion bundle to convert the #10 back to a standard.  I have Three with the Cxxxxx serial #.  We need to compare some day.  Or I appoint you to start a MODEL 10 registry.  Open-mouth smile              Dale

Orangereborn
Dale Schafer

964  192nd Ave

New Richmond, WI 54017

715-247-3079

715-781-2055

Orangereborn@hotmail.com

Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 10:39am
Did all the 10's come with the hi-speed wrap?  My dad's first one looked just like this...spent many hours as a kid playing on it...that swinging shield or whatever it is called always amazed us kids. 
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Ron S/IL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron S/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 11:02am
Eldon, all the 10's came with high speed wrap. They would kick the bypass conveyor into gear and speed up the wrap process.

If any one wants a Model 10, I have one for sale. Sparta, Il.  $ 2500.00 or will take offers.
Emailhttp://jmsmetals@egyptian.net

Edited by Ron S/IL - 02 Feb 2011 at 11:03am
Ron Stork
Co-Owner Sign Solutions and Promotions.
We can custom make signs, decals and any promotional items you may want.
skipwelte View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipwelte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 12:14pm
I have a #10 also,  the refeeder is long gone, wish I could find one for it.   thats a nice find Carl!!!
Joe Graunke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Graunke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 2:44pm

Here's some pics of my #10 baler serial number C129
Joe
Brad-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 3:10pm
I have a converted #10 as well, no refeeder, but it has the high speed wrap and the heavier duty axle under it.  I have not ran any material through it yet, but have had it working and lubed it all up before I put it back in the tree line for another day...lol.
1930 U

1938 A

1941 WF
Joe Graunke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Graunke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 11:38am
Brad whats your serial number. Your baler you got out east. I think yours is a whitetop fastwrap if I remember. I remember it on the sale. I think it's a 1964 model.
The one Carl bought I thought was a fastwrap till I called and got the serial number.
Joe

Edited by Joe Graunke - 03 Feb 2011 at 11:42am
Brad-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 2:15pm
I don't remember it right off hand Joe, but I do believe it fits into the late serial number range.  I think you were the one that told me about it being a converted #10 because of the fast wrap and the heavy duty axle. 
1930 U

1938 A

1941 WF
Harry up of Mi. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry up of Mi. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 5:39pm
My rotobaler serial no. is C395X, anyone know what the X meant? It has the fastrap but  the refeeder was taken off. The pulley that ran the refeeder is still on it.
Harry
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 10:35pm
I have a converted baler as well and do have a set of conveyors to convert it back to an official #10.  Just another item in my long list of projects.

Brad I believe yours is one of the factory converted balers.  They had balers at the LaPorte plant that were either converted or were never completed.  These were given new numbers and were sold as fast wrap white top balers.  I believe only about 250 of these were produced making alot more rare than a converted #10.  I have located one of these balers but as I stated above-too many projects and the shed is full!  You cant have it all! lol

Jim
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 11:20am
Come on Jim, you are still young enough to TRY !!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic