This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parts Needed HD16DP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parts Needed HD16DP
    Posted: 26 May 2023 at 6:17am
Hello all, I have a 1969 Allis Chalmers HD16-DP bulldozer and I'm looking for a injection pump drive coupling, the rubber piece. It is number 13 on the diagram and the part number from the book is 4059013-5. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Sponsored Links

Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 6:45am
There will be tag(s) riveted to the injection pump. Please post that up as the shop I use will not be able to use the AC numbers, but the drive style used to be common.
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
allisdozer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 7:14am
injection Pump Model # B-120Q-G375A
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 11:29am
I'm thinking there should be more than that needed. Can you photo the tag?
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 11:58am
This is all I have right now, I will get a photo of the tag in a bit and send it over. uploads/23903/pump.jpg
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 12:06pm
The tag that is scratched off in the photo is the governor tag; not what we are after. That looks to be an AMBAC, (American Bosch) pump and I do believe they vendored to Allis back in those days. The tag I'm looking for lists pump number, engine timing, and whether port closing, or port opening. Usually an aluminum tag just as the one on the governor housing shown in your photo.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 12:28pm
There is a tag on the bottom left of the pump, I will get pictures of it and the numbers off it. 
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 9:47am
This is what you are after without the AC name on it:

Take both halves of your coupler into a bearing distributor and they should be able to set you up. Many coupler halves differ from one another. There will also be alpha numerics stamped into the coupler halves which identify them and you need the jaw insert.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 8:22pm
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 9:28pm
That is what was needed. An American Bosch 6BB series pump with 12mm plungers and barrels timed for port closing. I don't have an Allis, or appropriate manual for that pump but it can be chased down for input shaft taper, or style with the numbers. Since you only need the rubber "spider" I would chase the link I posted earlier as I'm thinking they will be able to help you out. Boston gear was probably the original supplier to AC when the tractor was new.

I'll be out of town for the next two days but if you've not had any luck by my return, I'll engage with my buddy at the injection shop.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 6:27pm
Hello all, looking for info for timing my HD16DP. Any help is appreciated
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 9:18pm
And what have you done on your own to move your project along? Did you find and acquire the needed spider researched for you?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 8:00am
Yes I got the pump back on. I found that the missing spider is the same as a lovejoy L150 coupler. I am now searching for a service manual, preferably PDF for the machine so I can check the timing. 
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 11:41am
Many of Boston Gear's patents have been copied by others. I don't remember Lovejoy being a vendor to Allis but do remember Boston for certain. From memory I don't remember a pump with 12mm barrels and plungers on the 844cid engine used in the HD-16 series tractor and your pump may be a replacement over the years. 11mm was very standard.

Relay your tractor, and engine serial number(s) and I'll find your timing procedure and value looked for unless someone else speaks up first. There were variances along the production series. 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 11:57am
yes the lovejoy might not have been the exact one that was on there before. but it was the same dimensions for the coupler and lined up perfect. 

The dozer is a 1969 allis chalmers HD16-DP  

tractor serial number 8769

engine serial number 16-09510
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 12:03pm
That is great you were able to get it installed again. I'll make a call later this evening to obtain some results. 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 12:04pm
thank you i appreciate it, I would like to buy a service manual also to have. maybe you know a good place to look for one
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by allisdozer allisdozer wrote:

thank you i appreciate it, I would like to buy a service manual also to have. maybe you know a good place to look for one

I see them from time to time on ebay offered for factory manuals. They are getting to be slim pickings due to age unfortunately. I purchased a set for my 11B tractor and also have soft copies also which comes in handy. I print what I need at the time and don't have to worry about the dirt or smudges that inevitably accumulate.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic