This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free to any home, HD6EP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote curts63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free to any home, HD6EP
    Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 6:14am
I bought a piece of property in an area northeast of Allentown, PA.  While walking in the woods, I found an abandoned Allis Chalmers HD6EP, serial number HD6EP-18574.  I found out it's been sitting there for about 22 years.  I'm not sure if anyone would have a need or use for it, but anyone interested in it, can have it.  You just need to move it.

Curt
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:42am
Thanks for offering it up Curt. Always breaks my heart to see such go for scrape without usable parts at least being saved. Hope someone comes forward looking for it.

Gee Mel if only 2999 miles closer. 
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 11:07am
I would like to add one to our collection, but  finding a good one has been ellusive at best.

Curt Anderson
HD3, HD5B, HD6E, HD6AG,HD6B dozer, I-400, 615, 616,(2) 620, 720, ACP25 lift truck, 1956 D Special Grader, AC 540 loader, AC 655 crawler loader, AC #84 plow, Simplicity lawn tractors.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 12:04pm
I attend a truck show at/in Lititz, PA almost annually the first weekend of October. If you could post a photo of the tractor I could see if something I could use. I'd be able to move it then as would drive my winch tractor and drop deck trailer to the show. 

Thanks,

Edited by Codger - 27 Feb 2023 at 12:05pm
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
weldermanncc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weldermanncc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:23pm
Hello Curt. I am about 25 miles north of Allentown, I would love to see this tractor, maybe I can get it off your property. I have truck, trailer and 25 years experience working on the hd6
 Thanks, Ed
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 12:19am
Thats 1965 build; Ive got 3 HD6 s that are all mid 18000 serial #.
 HD6EP was a good machine but they need good maintence.
 Hopefully she gets saved; worst scenario is she is still good parts for a wet backend HD6E, bevel gear, steering clutchs, finals and track frames, engine and radiator will all go in a HD6E after 14484.

tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
weldermanncc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weldermanncc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 5:45am
I need another hd6 like I need another eye, but to let one so close to me go to the scrapper is a shame.
 I currently run serial 5283, and have serial 1652 for parts.  I've a JD 1010 crawler that was gifted to me under a similar scenario.  I should be working on the 1010. Ed

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic