This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD5 Track Chain Rail Spec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrightsl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD5 Track Chain Rail Spec
    Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 6:51pm
Where can I find under carriage wear specs HD5?   My track chain rail height is about 3.5 inch. How close to new is that?

Thanks
Shawn
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 2:50am
6.5" Pitch

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 8:00am
The HD5 track height is 3.687 inchs
Wrightsl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrightsl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 8:35am
Originally posted by JC-WI JC-WI wrote:

6.5" Pitch

Wrightsl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrightsl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 8:39am
JC-WI

Thank you. Do you know if anybody reproduces them?

Shawn
Wrightsl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrightsl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 10:34am
I printed the photo and enlarged it close to proper scale.

Looks like around 3 5/8 in. New rail height.

Recondition at 3 3/8 in. Rail height.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 4:15pm
the picture is one i posted a few years back of one of the track gauges I have 
Unsure if anyone makes them now , I have one in Aluminum and other in plastic . 
Friend junked out a old salvage yard here in MN and i got several track gauges from him , kind of nostalgia items - when I sell my HD5G (if ever) might part with the extras but for now will just hang in shop .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Wrightsl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrightsl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 4:39pm
Cool. Thanks for posting that photo. Does my estimate match up with your gauge?

I saw an aluminum Cat D4 years ago. I bought a reproduction 20 years ago
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 2:31pm
It's why I posted it with the ruler as it seems the copy I first made was not to scale but figured the ruler would allow someone to size it accordingly 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Les Kerf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Kerf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

It's why I posted it with the ruler as it seems the copy I first made was not to scale but figured the ruler would allow someone to size it accordingly 

Any chance of getting a photo of that gauge lying on a piece of graph paper? That would make it really nice to duplicate to scale Smile
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 6:52pm
will see if I can find it and graph paper - 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic