This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New here.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SethRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New here.
    Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 4:11pm
Hey guys I’m new here but not new to AC’s grandpa farmed with them for his entire farming career and my dad still uses a WD daily back home in Iowa. I’m out here in New Jersey now and I just bought 7.5 open acres just grown up in weeds. I’m looking for a tractor to brush mow the weeds down and seed some grass for our horses and possibly do some plowing for a small garden. I found an industrial 1961 D15 in PA with a loader which is a plus and would be very handy would this be a good tractor for what I’m trying to do? I have never been around the D series tractors. Mostly the W and C series tractors. Link below is to the tractor in question.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/540779857384067/?mibextid=6ojiHh
Sponsored Links

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 5:02pm
That would be fine for doing some clearing with the loader. It also has shuttle shift which is a nice feature, what ever gear you select, you can go forward or reverse using the black lever there on the left side of the tractor. However, if my memory is correct, industrial models do not have pto to run a brush hog due to it having the shuttle shift. D series tractors are really good tractors.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 5:35pm
Welcome to the forum, seth.  Other than what AC said, I see it has a 3 point on it.  If it's a factory 3 point, check out how it's attached to the bottom of the transmission.  If its held on with 3 bolts that are vertical, and thread in from the bottom, that's the weak point.  Bolts can wiggle loose due to side stress. Look for loose, missing, or differently sized bolt heads. If its a snap coupler conversion 3 point, not applicable.  The way to tell quickest is if there is a snap coupler bell, and it's release lever inside of where your right foot sits in the floor board, then its converted snap coupler.  Good luck!Hug
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 7:43pm
If it does have rear pto it will be 875 rpm instead of 540. I just looked in Norms book and it was an option.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 8:53pm
Seth,
Welcome to the forum and to New Jersey! You'll learn an awful lot from this bunch I can tell ya that! I can't help much on plows and attachments, but if you need any electrical questions answered, I'll try my best to help ya out. We're in Green Twp up in the left hand corner in Sussex County. Where is your new property located?  Again, welcome to the Orange family!!  ClapThumbs Up
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:42pm
its orange, not yellow... and has a regular d15 wrap around the radiator... It might just be a farm tractor with a loader frame on it... further inspection is needed, as mentioned above.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:49pm
....why is the fenders on backwards???
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 10:37pm

That is not an Allis 400 or 500 Series Loader.

And it doesn't appear to be the loader of the Allis Industrial 615.

Appears to have the HD Industrial front axle though.

G
SethRose View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SethRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 1:52pm
Thanks for all the info everyone. We are down in Waterford Township just off 206. I’ve been in Jersey for 7 years now just been living closer to base waiting for the right opportunity to buy some land. I’ll have to drive out and give this D15 a look it seems like. I just don’t know a whole lot about them. I know my way around a WD pretty well as that’s what I learned to drive on. I was going to get one of them as they are cheap out here but I’m wanting live power.
SethRose View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SethRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 4:47pm
No PTO on it anyways I just talked to the guy. So I guess I’m looking for a different tractor then. It’s gotta be orange though.
Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 5:09pm
Welcome to the forum! Have you searched Tractorhouse.com? Lots of tractors on there.
Part time farming with a 1980 7060 and 1984 F3 hydro.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 5:10pm
Seth,
 Welcome! The tractor your looking for will show up soon. Hope iots a AC!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by SethRose SethRose wrote:

Thanks for all the info everyone. We are down in Waterford Township just off 206. I’ve been in Jersey for 7 years now just been living closer to base waiting for the right opportunity to buy some land. I’ll have to drive out and give this D15 a look it seems like. I just don’t know a whole lot about them. I know my way around a WD pretty well as that’s what I learned to drive on. I was going to get one of them as they are cheap out here but I’m wanting live power.

as far as the "live power" goes....if you use the hand clutch on a WD/WD45 for stopping,manuvering, shifting gears....you have live power at the pto and hydraulics. I have a WD45 since 1982 and dad's 49 WD he bought new. Both have powered the 72 inch Woods cutter over many acres and many years and once warmed a little the foot clutch is only used to engage the pto. I'm not sure what you're after.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 9:26pm
Steve I second your vote of confidence in the WD. They are very reasonable in price and while using the hand clutch it does have live pto. If your on a budget, a WD is a good fit. The D15 has a hand clutch as well, high and low range. We have a series 2, D15. It’s a favorite on our farm, but if this so called industrial doesn’t have pto then it will not live up to your expectations. As I said before, D series tractors are good tractors even with their minor flaws of not having true live pto. Once you run them and understand their limitations, you learn how to to overcome them. The D15 is a good tractor, really good on a bush hog. Better than a WD, and we have both. Just find a farm D15, you won’t regret it, you will pay more than for a WD, but the hi/low power director is so much better.

Edited by AC720Man - 03 Feb 2023 at 9:28pm
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 10:23am
Sethrose, welcome to the AC forum. Congrats on your new AC D15 with loader. That should be a good acreage unit? It’s loader is a huge asset in that it should save your back from maybe trying to lift something it shouldn’t? It’s non-live pto still offers great attachment power. It’s 2.4L (149cu.in.) gas engine should offer reliable cold starts & good fuel efficiency @ 3.43gal/hr under full loads. Not a bad beginning. Lots of great knowledge shared here on forum. For a quick reference though, here’s a weblink that list most AC tractors, their hp ratings, plus a whole lot more info. Just click/tap on each model to open its info. Maybe refer to it if or when you decide to add another AC to your fleet. Then come here for each models deeper info before you buy??

https://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/tractor-brands/allischalmers/allischalmers-tractors.html

Edited by AC7060IL - 05 Feb 2023 at 10:26am
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 7:11pm
IF you take 206 North for a couple hours, we're just a few miles off 206 in Green Twp.
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic