This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R.I.P. Andy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.I.P. Andy
    Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 10:42pm
Andy Detwieler (aka "Harmless Farmer") on you tube passed on the 22nd. of cancer, he farmed in spite of having no arms (both), due to an auger accident in his youth. it never put him down, he even drove his semi with his feet. check his vids. you will be missed. gosh...what an inspiration to all!
Sponsored Links

Joe Goodwill View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Goodwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:10pm
So sorry to hear that. Whenever I struggled to get through a tough job I thought of Andy and smiled reminding myself how lucky I am. He not only preserved he put his story out there for everyone to see.
RIP Andy
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 5:54am
I’ve followed Andy for quite a while, after seeing him farming, changing tires, fixing equipment, my troubles seem so small! Prayers to his family

His story - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5XzsJvcRsyU

Edited by JoeM(GA) - 24 Sep 2022 at 6:02am
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 7:03am
A guy goes through all of that as a kid and then dies of that stupid cancer. Not really fair in my book.........
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 7:14am
Same when the big Cancer Word invades children's lives, Good People, Innocents lives, just not fair.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 2:06pm
 Sad to hear. Prayers for his family. 
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 7:32pm
Surely admire his ambition, but dang its painful to watch him work - but he got it done, just my opinion

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 10:55pm
Sorry to hear that.
From my own experience’s I can’t imagine doing what he did. Amazing 
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 3:48am
His sister sent a message to another u-tuber yesterday that he died of complications from pneumonia. 
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic