This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red beans and rice,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red beans and rice,,,,
    Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 9:01pm

Now,,I know there ain't a "recipe" section here, but I expect everyone gots their favorite recipe for this Cajun dish. I have always LOVED Cajun groceries and 3 of the best trips I went on while still workin were to New Orleans and Dang did I pig out all the time we was there!!!!!!!Clap
  They opened a new Popeyes here in town last week and  I only been there 8 times and that's cause the other times I went there it was so dang crowded and din't want to wait for some groceries,,,,,,LOL
Sponsored Links

klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 5:53am
Being from the Northern part of the Country I don't eat much Red Beans and Rice. My Dearly Beloved makes a 3 Bean baked casserole that I fill my furnace on! It has navy,Northern and pinto beans along with ground beef sausage and bacon. Mister,now there is good eating!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 6:29am
Tried Popeye’s a couple times, not my cup of tea. Everything tasted like it had Louisiana Hot Sauce sprayed on it.
Don’t get me wrong, I like food with spice to it, tastes a lot better if the spices are actually from naturally accruing ingredients that cooking in the dish, not some man made concoction sprayed on the food after pulling out of a deep fat fryer.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 7:15am
Loved the food when I was in New Orleans. Only thing close to that I eat now is jambalaya. Made an Emiril(sp) recipe for gumbo so hot even the dog wouldn't touch it. Wouldn't mind trying a red bean recipe myself
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 8:28am
My sil was born and raised in Nawlens and when she rings the dinner bell you best get your feet under the table. She only uses a certain brand of beans for her red beans and rice, can’t think of it but the cans are blue and white. Now they live in VA, she orders the beans online and has them shipped, she won’t mess around, oh and you’d best just stay outta her kitchen.
Maximum use of available resources!
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 2:50pm
Red beans and rice with hunks of ham in it with cornbread and butter,, NOW your talking
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 4:36pm
Joe, you need to get a copy of a couple of Justin Wilson's cookbooks. Sometimes I get lazy and use Zatarins red beans and rice out of the box and cook it in the crockpot with smoked sausage. I like Popeyes chicken but the ones around here are not fit to eat at, got a mild case of food poisoning a few months back, think it was their red beans and rice.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:26pm
ya'll don't wanna feed me any of them red beans!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 4:45am
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 5:32am
   Hey Hubert,,,I wound up like you and got a couple of boxes of Zatarains Red Beans and Rice at walmart,,they was out of the Andouille sausage, so I'm holding up til then. Is there a "special kind or brand of the red beans them Cajuns use,,cause there were some cans of "red Beans on the shelves,,,but no mention of them for Cajun groceries,,,,??
   Well,,,it looking like I ain't gonna be inviting ole Shameless to dinner for Red Beans if all he can promise is a bunch of "Hot Air Pollution",,,,,,,Ya know,,,??LOL

Yeah, Dave,,,ole Hank Williams was one of them great ones,,,,,!!!!
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 7:25am
This is what my SIL uses;

Maximum use of available resources!
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:03pm
Don't know if they'd be red beans, but our local grocery store had some anzania (sp) beans, for like $26.00/I think 20#,...these posed to be some good stuff, I ain't tried em tho...
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:23pm

,Hey THANK YOU JW,,,,!!

Hey Michael,,,20#,of beans,,,!!!  CHIT,,I'd have to keep ole Shameless here way too longer than be good for my health,,Ya know with him pfartin so much with just a small serving of them beans,,,,,,LOL
skylarsmsith View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarsmsith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 7:52am
Recently I was on a date with a girl I liked. She asked me if I could cook, and I said, "yes, of course, I like to do it. She's coming to visit me next weekend, and I have to cook "my signature steak" for dinner. I don't know what to do, and I need your advice urgently. My friend advised me to pick one of the best restaurants that deliver pre-made meal kits on Money Under 30. I will order the food from the restaurant and reheat the meat in the microwave before she arrives. How's that for a plan? Do you have any better ideas?

Edited by skylarsmsith - 21 Oct 2022 at 1:14am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 8:42am
Cook to your best ability but KISS Method, Steak, Tater, Salad, some Red Wine, maybe a pot of coffee for after dinner and a light dessert cake or cookies to share.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 8:53am
Star with a thawed steak let warm to room temp before cooking lineraly coat with Canadian steak seasoning or Monterey steak seasoning. A little dab of bacon grease in the cast iron pan good and hot steak should sizzle when tossed in about 2 minutes with cover on flip about 2 minutes your done let rest 5 minutes before serving. Should be med rare if she asked for well done get another girl
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 9:09am
How do you guys cook your breakfast spam? Hahaha
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

How do you guys cook your breakfast spam? Hahaha

LOL    Thumbs Up

TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 11:10am
I cook my spam with yoke only scrambled eggs over the top of a heavily buttered slice of sourdough bread. Y'all are headed to the kitchen right now.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 11:10am
Wink Dave and Dave Wink  This day and age you guys got O'l shyar Ouch slapped. She be woke and want vegan.LOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic