This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Delete if not allowed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCPatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delete if not allowed
    Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 5:57pm
1969 HD6G, tons of new parts and now the engine has a bad knock . I’m done ! It’s located in Mccausland iowa , new clutches , starter , alternator, batteries, all fluids . Best offer takes or first come I don’t mind but I would like to see it go to a good home not a scrap yard . Has the Buddha motor .
Sponsored Links

TCPatriot View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCPatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 5:46am
Should of added all new springs clutch plates , and break bands and I would like $3000 but not sure what it’s worth . Still runs
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 6:06pm
HD6 was built from 1955 to 1965 / if you post serial # can give you the year of Mfg .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 3:33am
HD6 was built until 1974 . Models from 1960 on have AC 6000 engine , not the Buda HD344.   AC made 25271 HD6 of various models A. B E G EP
Check hyd pump driveshaft universals, many times these can fail and knock and people think its the engine. . !
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 9:08am
I well remember newly completed HD6, and HD7 series tractors sitting along both the fenceline, and staging areas of the AC plant into the 1970's. 
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 9:13am
Did you check the rice pine connecting rod
TCPatriot View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCPatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 11:00am
I don’t know what your talking about as far as rice pine ? . Sounds like one of the front cylinders , push rods all look good .
Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 11:03am
wristpin?
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 11:44am
I am sorry am french speaking I was taking about wrispin. sorry
TCPatriot View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCPatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 11:54am
Wrist pin is possible! It is intermittent at low idle . I let it fully warm up on as low as possible and thought I was set but once I increased the rpms . Problem is I don’t have anything to pull a engine that size .
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 3:56pm
IIRC I'm about 80 miles east of you in Farmington, IL. If you want to drag the tractor over here we call pull the engine and either repair it, or send you back home to do repairs on the engine yourself. I have enough room the tractor would not be in my way to set outside and covered while you made repairs for a month or so. I've seen your photosvia craigslist, and it looks in pretty good shape. 
TCPatriot View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCPatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 6:10pm
That is an amazing offer and I really appreciate it . At this point I really would just like to find a good home for it . I work 76 plus hrs a week and it’s too much to take on
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by TCPatriot TCPatriot wrote:

That is an amazing offer and I really appreciate it . At this point I really would just like to find a good home for it . I work 76 plus hrs a week and it’s too much to take on

Really no worries at all. I've been in your shoes a time or two and feel your pain.
TCPatriot View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCPatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 1:54pm
Serial # is 37A22270                 Engine # is 6-26148
doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 5:27pm
You did check the front pump drive to see if the coupling is broken? Others here have mentioned that the sound resembles an engine knock. The other posts about a stuck wrist pin are valid, and can make quite a sound. Loosen the injector lines one at a time and see if the noise changes or goes away. Smile
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic