This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD9B ALLIS CHALMERS DOZER 1953/1954

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 7:36am
How manay spleene on pump shaft
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 10:17am
Thanks for explaining farther Codger.  I just wanted to make sure the problem did not get bigger.

Mel you have it, but even more you found it and got pictures over her too.Thumbs Up

Edited by Ray54 - 17 Aug 2022 at 10:18am
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 11:10am
Yes...I was going to  mention to Cal...we started buying those books probably 20 years ago on ebay....they were cheap to almost free....we bought everything we could get our hands on if we thought we didn't have it.....brochures..flyers...service bulletins...parts ...service...Garwood..Caro...Baker.  People were cleaning there shelves and we filled ours up. It's all gone now..seems like...occasionally some will show up...and of course there's lots of the common stuff that's helpful...but sellers appear to be emotionally attached to it...probably not having a clue what it's for.  Don't know if I'll ever get it all sorted...but it's fun to look through it if I think It will help someone.

Hector...not sure about the pump splines...looking at the book of the picture I posted...it appears the pump shaft is plain and keyed to match a splined insert (2) to the drive shaft yoke.  Looks like the splined insert might be 10 splines.....but we don't know if that's what he  has...can't tell by the pictures he has posted 
danny1954 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 11:13am
thank you for the help. is there a picture i could take that would give you a better idea of what we are looking at?? i greatly appreciate all of the help 
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 2:59pm
Danny...I think Hector (GEMDOZER) was thinking he might have some parts that would help you...was interested in how many splines on the pump?   Can you get the yoke of the end of the pump and take pictures of the pump or those parts maybe?
  Here are pictures of an HD9 crankshaft pulley...it should be the same as yours....all the HD9s should have come to there dealers with no blades...so all of these were the same. 1 picture is straight on....one a little from the side hoping to show some depth...as per Cal...it covers the bolt that holds the pulley on.....and of course someone might have modified something in the last 60 years....that would of course void the warranty...LOL

danny1954 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 8:03am
so mine does not have the bolt on the front of the crankshaft like your picture. mine has the u joint that is broken off and i do not know how to remove it. that is the problem 
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 8:09am
I think you do have the setup Mel shows but it is behind the plate the broken part is attached to. From the side smack the broken u joint flange on both sides and that front plate should start to break free. Rust is holding it fast in place. 
Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 10:06am
Welded to the bolt? Maybe try unsrcewing it. Didn't think 'B's were that early.
danny1954 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 2:02pm
by george we got it!!!!! thank you thank you thank you for the tips. Codger it broke loose just like you said it would 

danny1954 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 2:03pm
danny1954 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 2:04pm
danny1954 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 2:04pm
danny1954 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 2:06pm
anybody have this whole driveshaft with the fittings on both ends they are looking to get rid of. Need the shaft, 2 ujoints, and both ends! see pics
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 2:39pm
Thank you to AC Mel for tipping me off and thanks to you for the follow up. 
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 8:48pm
Danny....were getting close....I'm still curious about the end of the yoke that goes into the pump? Can you get that off...lets see how that looks...splines...straight shaft with keyway?  If we can see that then everyone knows what you need.  Hector (Gemdozer) said he might have some parts...and if not....I know Codger and I would concur with Cal that all of that could be fabricated up pretty easy.
Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 9:20pm
You can see the grease fitting on the housing to grease the shaft going through that housing. Pull those six bolts and split the house off the pump.
danny1954 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:56am
danny1954 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:57am
danny1954 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:58am
danny1954 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:59am
danny1954 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:59am
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 11:02am
If'n it were me, and looking at those splines, I'd replace the pump also as it's splines are also beaten upon. The original pump may have parts available and could be rebuilt; this is possibility also. 
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 2:56pm
I recheck tomorrow for a 6 spleene yoke
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 8:49am
you could gogul yoke and joint the should have new parts and in 3701 holmes road in houston +713-731-0030
doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 10:38pm
What other AC crawlers used this driveshaft setup? 
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic