This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers HD 11 series B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers HD 11 series B
    Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 7:22am
I have a set of used rails and pads off an HD 11 series B dozer, stretch is 28 3/4 rail height is 4 inches and pad height is 1 1/2. seals can still be got to turn the pins and bushings. I located a good used set and am wanting to sell mine if anyone is interested while they are still in good usable shape, they are ITR rails. Would like to get $3750 for the rails and pads. 
Sponsored Links

Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 10:05pm
I was pointed to this chart for track wear. Unless the  ITR brand "Series B" track differs from the chart it seems your parts are at limit for being considered "worn out". No disrespect meant and feel free to correct. I have an HD11 Series B myself and it closely follows the chart with an Allis-Chalmers track measuring gauge for the purpose. This is a snip from an undercarriage manual:

This is a snip from an HD11 Series B manual of a chain link:

Jeremy(Ky) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 5:37am
I was going off of memory because I took the measurement a while ago, It may not be quite 28 3/4, there is still life left because I am not stretched to the end of the rail yet with my front idler, I know these are getting harder to find so just wanted to post to see if anyone was in need of some with some life left in them. Not many pairs have much life left these day and time. Thanks for the info though. Will get another measurement to verify when I get a chance. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 6:59am
According to specs they are at life limit for P&B where could be turned if can find a shop that still does that.
7” pitch, .120 is max wear P&B 28.6” or less than 5/8.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 7:36am
I can still get them turned but don't know the cost to do so. U/c would need brought to the shop as no mobile service offered. Service would not be performed in the middle of the night or anything like that, but would be done in "off hours" to manage costs.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 9:49am
I meant to say on the pad height that is the height of the cleat not the whole pad the cleat height is 1 1/2 still on them. If Someone needs pads, let me know.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 10:11am
Sound like good serviceable pads. I don't have a limit chart for pin external, or bushing internal diameter(s) to know when these parts are beyond working with, or justify turning to tighten the undercarriage up a bit.  
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 7:22am
If anyone is in need of pads that are becoming harder to find or get, let me know. Will sell pads off the rails. 
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 8:39am
I've conversed with a chinese producer who can supply pins and bushings but minimums would need met. These minimums are 150 pieces of each part and two tractors would satisfy this criteria. Chains, or links and sprocket segments can be rewelded, and finish ground back to proper dimension if the the bores are good and there are no cracks. Of course the same chains can be sourced also but the minimum quantity is 250 each meaning several tractors, (four actually, 80L, 80R for standard track) would be required to make feasible. Four tractors needing these parts would satisfy minimums and garner more favorable pricing on the pins and bushings also. The following attachment is for unsealed track but sealed is very similar.

I hate sourcing parts offshore as much as the next guy, but nothing is junk till it can't be supported any longer to keep it operational. 
doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 5:33pm
When they get 'frozen', it is between #4 and #6, right?
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 6:09pm
yes, well worn tracks much more than those in good condition. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic