This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

School has officially started back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: School has officially started back
    Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 6:49pm
I rode with Danielle for about 2 1/2 hrs running errands this evening and got a good 2 hrs worth of teacher complaints. Finally her cousin called (also a teacher at the same school) and they did another 45 minutes together. Man am I ready for June.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 12:26pm
I admire the teachers who are tough enough to handle it these days, especially in the government schools. I probably would not last a day. Tell your loving wife "Thank you!" for what she does.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 2:11pm
We still have a week.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 2:16pm
A few years back I took a job as Facilities Manager for a charter school (Public School) that had to accept all students who applied . 
  Some great focused students there and the other side was / Dredges from public schools where the students had been expelled , were discipline problems , needed special help but refused it , and misfits.
  Other part was I could remember what happened back when i was in High School to those individuals - staff corrected the actions of those immediately upon seeing it . 
 At this job one was helpless as students would challenge you on anything and had no respect for teachers, staff , or other students .Have to say though I hired all my staff from Student Body and were the fantastic part of making my job easy as I had individuals who wanted to work , wanted to learn both in class and on the job . 
  So there is hope but hard to weed the chaff from the grain that is the hope for tomorrow    
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 2:46pm
I am with Hubert..I admire teachers, who have to work with the personalities that come to them. A big hip hip hooray to those who are outstanding in their field... in the classroom.

Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 3:00pm
She told me she had one student whose mother said "sometimes he can be an a**hole". My first thought was "I bet the apple didn't fall far from the tree"

Edited by thendrix - 04 Aug 2022 at 3:04pm
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

She told me she had one student whose mother said "sometimes he can be an a**hole". My first thought was "I bet the apple didn't fall far from the tree"

You know it!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

YEP!! It is not the teachers, yes, they work 9 months a year, and make near 6 figures around here.   One of, or, might be the issue, the PARENTS!!!!  AND yes, I have a family member, or more, in this field of work.  And not afraid to say my thoughts to them!  They complain about their daily work load!!   Inside, bathrooms, heat, air, holidays, summer off, pension, sick time, other insurance, not to mention about a 7 hour work day???  Just had to vent!!!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 5:50pm
Dave I have to say I take a bit of offense to your comment. Danielle doesn't make anywhere near 6 figures. I don't think she makes 50k. On top of that she spends AT LEAST 8 to 9 hours a day at school. If I'm not mistaken, in your area they have teachers unions. Those don't exist here. Here the whole object is "don't offend the parents". I know this was a thread I started and yes I'm tired of the complaining already. However, teachers here EARN their money.

Edited by thendrix - 05 Aug 2022 at 5:50pm
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 1:03pm
There are 2 kinds of teachers those that do it for the summers off short hours and did I say days off. 

But the other kinds are natural born teachers, and always wanting to be teaching something. I breaks their hearts that they don't connect with some and just cannot explain it the way the child can GET IT. So they spend uncountable hours thinking of ways to get the kid to understand.  And generally this just ticks the lazy teachers off, because they are standing out as the lazy worthless debris they are.  

Thendrix I know of what you speak I have one of the GOOD ONES too. Always has time for those wanting to learn or their parents in the store or where every.

Mine was given a award one year and kicked to the curb the next because her kids pulled the school score down. Well they gave her the worst of the worst and she managed to bring them all up some but they looked bad on the NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND score card. So they sent her across town as a reminder to all good teachers "we are the union don't try to hard to make us look bad".

After giving her the 3rd grade monster ,that had had about every bad thing that could happen ,happen to him and giving him no extra help she said enough.  He became the most powerful person on campus. If he has a bad day and wants to destroy everything in your classroom LET HIM.  Call the principle and take the rest outside.

On one of those BAD DAYS he is standing on top of a desk and my wife's last last thought before going out was "he will fall and hit his head, and I will get blamed for that too". So she stayed close to break his fall if he did.  The principle runs in "don't touch him DON"T TOUCH HIM. That is the day she counted how many days until she could get out.

But she could not stay away. Subbing in a small school with about 50 students, but again making a sub par teacher look bad. Because she only want to help the kids.

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 2:16pm
I hear you Ray. That NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND thing is bullsh!t!! Danielle has kids in her 5th grade class that barely ready on a 1st grade level. Some can't add or subtract IN 5TH GRADE!! There's a lady Danielle used to teach with and she'll tell you having to repeat the 1st or 2nd (don't remember which) grade is by far the best thing that ever happened to her in school.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic