This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Craftsman drill,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 11:50am
Joe, does your drill have a model number ?  I found this.. THIS one is 5/16 bolt.

Edited by steve(ill) - 08 Aug 2022 at 11:51am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 12:26pm

My dad got this MONSTER at a farm auction prolly in the late '70's,,it will hurt you if ya don't watch out, if ya can read the size,,it's 5/8"..

BTW,, if anyone knows where there's a press adapter for this monstrosity, I'd like to have one
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 3:16pm
Well,,I've also had my share of "Assults with a Deadly Weapon" with them drills and grinders,,,,!!  Back when I could still work two 8 hour jobs,,,,,I was helping my buddy work in his body shop and,,,I'ma tell ya'll something,,,I was a TERROR on dismantilling them crushed up front ends,,,, but the real work started when you had to do the body work which entailed using one of them HEAVY ASSED Black & Decker 7 1/2" grinders to grind down the Bondo,,,that was sometimes  was,,,,kinda thick ,,,,Wink Anyways that friggin grinder slipped outa my hands,,and cut a BIG slice outa my right leg bout 8" long and bled like they was no tamarrow!! They had to take me to ER to put 12 stiches in it and to this day the scar is still bout 6" long and 1/2" wide,,,so much for them stiches,,,,LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 3:32pm

Hey Steve,,,YEA,!!  that is the exact drill as mine,,the tag is just about gone on mine but last 3 numbers are 280,,,, same as the one you postedClap  Well,, we now gots a PN for the bolt,,not that anyone has one in a Sears store hid out somewhere,,,?? I called that outfit you sent that link on this Am but it was too early and not open yet,,then I got to applying the grout on the floor project and thats where I amLOL

Dang,,,,Michael,,that right there is a BRUTE of a drill ,,ain't it,,,??  CHIT ,,I'd be scaird to use that big sob unless I could chain it down to the loader on the D14,,,,,What is that part you looking for on the big ole Drill,,???
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 5:02pm
joe... believe it or not , SEARS still sells that SCREW !!.... BUTT, BUTT.. the above manual says it is a 5/16 inch left hand thread.... BETTER CHECK !!  

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 9:23am
 STEVE,,,you ARE something else,,,,!! Proud to call you my Friend,,!!  I had gone to the hardware store and looked thru their bolt section and tried a 1/4" fine on the shaft but was a tad small,,so then tried a 5/16" fine thread and it fit better but hard to say definately because these were not left hand thread. I'm pretty sure the 5/16 one you fount will do the job !  
 Dang,,I owe you so many favors,,I'm just gonna have to break out ole Shameless's stash of Black Label and send you a sixer or two,,,,I know he won't mind since it IS for a good cause,,,,,,WinkWink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic