This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shaver Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shaver Thoughts
    Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 7:49pm
I've been using a Norelco rotary for the past 15 years. The last 4 years have been a severe let-down on quality of shave and this is after rotor replacements on one unit, and even with a brand new "state-of-the -art Norelco Confused . Have/are any of you been using the "Harrys Shave Club" with any success ?
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 8:05pm
I saw a group of men waiting for a shave. It was a barber queue.Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 8:13pm
I use Bic disposable razors. I used to use Harry's. I did not like the shave as they pulled the whiskers instead of cutting them off! Bic or Gillette does a better job. Never found an electric shaver that I liked.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 8:30pm
You might not want to recommend using a bic, to Mr Blobby, he might end up drawing on a beard...Wink
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 8:52pm
I gave up shaving in '74 when I went to college..get trimmed every 3 months or so.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 9:06pm
Ditto on the Bic disposables, I have tried a couple electric shavers over the years, with average results long term.
I shave 2 or 3 times per week. With a rotary, every other day is the longest I can go. With a razor I can easily go 4 days if I want.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 6:30am
I shave edges of my beard (Throat/upper cheeks) with a trimmer first to reduce length and establish a line then use a Gillette Triple edge with shave gel, lasts a few days to a week.  No irritation and clean longer than any other shave instrument I have used.

Used to watch guys shave and try to do it SLOWER to eliminate shaving burn, I shave rather fast (Military Style) and do not get razor burn.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 6:41am
I have a mustache, and chin beard. Some say I am the spittin’ image of John Durham, our glasses are slightly different. Although Mr Durham appears to have a sunnier disposition than I.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 7:34am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

I gave up shaving in '74 when I went to college..get trimmed every 3 months or so.
Neck and everything?  Eww. 
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 9:27am
Jay... you dont need a razor, you need a Lawn Mower !!   Wink

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Jay... you dont need a razor, you need a Lawn Mower !!   Wink

LMAOF  ClapClap !! I will give DR. Stevie an "ATTAA-BOY"  for this post Big smile
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by klinemar klinemar wrote:

I use Bic disposable razors. I used to use Harry's. I did not like the shave as they pulled the whiskers instead of cutting them off! Bic or Gillette does a better job. Never found an electric shaver that I liked.
Thanks for the reply klinemar, I just have a hard time throwing so much "plastic" into theb landfill, BTW, the last batch of BICS had the blades offset to the point of NOT shaving any whisker, these were the single blade "yellowish/white" style Confused, made in China perhaps ??
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 9:57pm
Looked on the package, the Bic ‘sensitive’ razors in the yellow bag are
made in,,,,,,,,,,,,,

wait for it,

wait for it,

FRANCE
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 10:21pm
I have a Braun that does ok. it is not the rotary kind... although with any shaving instrument you have to by buy new blades when they get dull. I also have a rotary and go back and forth which one is better.

Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 9:11am
bic single blade diposibles, are what i use,  multi blade ones plug up     i have wondered about battery one that are advertised on tv myself
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 9:27am
On the Plugging, That is why I use a trimmer first, or when was pretty well Clean Shaved for Fire Department would fill sink bowl, use the razor a minimal line Rinse and Shake out beneath water surface then repeat, If use too long across beard will plug up, if use shorter strokes and rinse out shave is better and cleaner.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 11:28am
Originally posted by HudCo HudCo wrote:

bic single blade diposibles, are what i use,  multi blade ones plug up     i have wondered about battery one that are advertised on tv myself

I quit the razor several years ago and got a battery charged one. Not seen on tv $25
It does ok on the shortest guard. Wife doesn't complain and I don't look completely homeless.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 3:31pm
As far as plugging, for me, I gave up on saving lotions in the cans. I use a bar of Ivory soap, just as if you washing your hands, lather up good but slop it on your face.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

As far as plugging, for me, I gave up on saving lotions in the cans. I use a bar of Ivory soap, just as if you washing your hands, lather up good but slop it on your face.
Thanks for the "bar soap" suggestion Big smile !! Have a safe 4'th weekend 
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 7:27pm
I always figured if the marquee de Sade wants to shave that's fine with me and I shouldn't have to hear anything from him about my decision not to either.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 8:58pm
I really don't care iffn he uses nair.  Hey that rhymes, almost as good as a pun...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 02 Jul 2022 at 8:58pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 8:27pm
I dry shave withh disposables or an electric shear type. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic