This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Tasting F/FBurger ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Wayne180d Wayne180d wrote:

I pay $1.25 a pound for my beef, costs abbot $650 total and get about 200 pounds of meat.  We get 1/4 a year and lasts us all year.
Your numbers don't add up in any sense.

First of all, 200 pounds of meat out of a quarter would be an ENORMOUS steer.  You get about 60% hoof to hanging, another 60% hanging to packaged.  These are "rule-of-thumb" numbers that stand the test of time.  So, let's back figure that.  200 lbs / .6 = 333 pound hanging quarter.  333 lbs x 4 =1333 pound hanging whole critter.  1333 / .6 = 2222 pound critter on the hoof.  So, unless your farmer is butchering mature bulls for beef....

Then, 200 pounds x $1.25 per pound = $250, but you said $650?

So I'm lost.  You probably get charged for 200 pounds, but 200 pounds hanging weight, approximately 120 pounds in the package.  That's about a perfect size animal to butcher.  

As for your price, well, I've had a few customers tell me I'm an idiot for charging "only" $2.65 per pound hanging weight, that I could get a lot more.  So if true, I guess your farmer is 2x the idiot I am.  No offense, just sayin'!Wink

Edited by Tbone95 - 29 Jun 2022 at 2:28pm
Sponsored Links

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 7:26pm
It does escape me though that Red Robbin is still in businessConfused 
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

All that fast food is NOT good for you!!! Cook your own!!!! LOL!! --- GROW YOUR OWN!lol!!!
How do you know WHAT we get from the FF places? They ALL offer salads and Wendys has an AWESOME chili ClapClap
You guys "ASSUME" too much and it makes an A$^ of you Wink
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

It does escape me though that Red Robbin is still in businessConfused 

Ok, I’ll bite(got a feeling I’m going to regret this), what in your mind is wrong with Red Robin?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 9:49pm
I buy it live weight and our steers run close to 1500 pounds.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 10:47pm
im still lost, but if your paying $650. and getting 200 pounds, then that is about $3.25 per pound package ?? .............. thats close to $1.25 on the hoof.

Edited by steve(ill) - 29 Jun 2022 at 10:50pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Wayne180d Wayne180d wrote:

I buy it live weight and our steers run close to 1500 pounds.
$1.25 per pound for live weight is about right usually.

Now, 1/4 of that in the freezer is 1500/4 x.6 x.6 = 135 pounds of meat.

$1.25 x 1500/4 = $470 approximately.  $470/135 pounds of meat in the freezer = $3.47 per pound.  You're getting a decent deal.

No way in H E double hockey sticks you're getting 200 pounds of meat in a quarter of a 1500 pound steer, it just don't work that way.  That's your hanging weight, probably what the butcher is basing his cost on.  $650 - $470 = $180.  $180 /200 pounds = $0.90 per pound for kill/cut/wrap.  That's pretty high, but believable.  If this is the case, then $650 / 135 pounds in the freezer is $4.81 per pound.  That's a little higher than what my sales work out to be, but very much in the ballpark.

Unless you're talking about some of those boneless buffalo wingsLOL

Edited by Tbone95 - 30 Jun 2022 at 6:57am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 8:18am
OK...i read another post where WAYNE said he cuts his own meat and package... So a 1500 pound hoof ends up about 900 pounds hanging... He buys 1/4 of that or 200- 225 pounds and pays $650 for the hanging quarter.... or about $3. - $3.25 per pound... then he cuts it up as he wants..

Your too cheap Tbone.. raise you price $.50  !!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 8:54am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

OK...i read another post where WAYNE said he cuts his own meat and package... So a 1500 pound hoof ends up about 900 pounds hanging... He buys 1/4 of that or 200- 225 pounds and pays $650 for the hanging quarter.... or about $3. - $3.25 per pound... then he cuts it up as he wants..

Your too cheap Tbone.. raise you price $.50  !!
Ok, he packs it himself.  But if you're going to compare your costs to buying it elsewhere, you should still do it on a packaged basis.  You lose another portion when you go from hanging to packages, you keep about 60%.  More or less depending on what all you take, like soup bones, short ribs, how much fat you use, etc.  So take that 225, x 60%, = 135 pounds packaged meat.  $650 / 135 = $4.81.

$$$/pounds in the freezer is the only way to compare apples to apples.

And yeah, I'm too cheap!  
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 11:36am

Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

All that fast food is NOT good for you!!! Cook your own!!!! LOL!! --- GROW YOUR OWN!lol!!!
How do you know WHAT we get from the FF places? They ALL offer salads and Wendys has an AWESOME chili ClapClap

The wrong assumption most of us keep making is you our a SOMEWHAT NORMAL human. Wink But your Confused questions do keep it interesting.

You keep telling us what good FF you had. So no assumption on our part.  I guess thinking you not lying is an assumption, so you lying to us? 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 11:41am
YEP.... most of Gassys posts are about hamburgers, fish sandwich, no chicken, great french fries and milk shakes...

Now he says " you assume to much"... maybe i am eating salad and chili !!  

---------
 I think his main goal in life is to piss off as many people as possible.... but i DO enjoy the posts.... You cant PAY for his kind of entertainment !!  LOL
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 1:18pm
And I'm sure that chili is nothing but the finest ingredients too.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Upton Sinclair?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

YES !!!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 6:34pm
My OT was on FAST FOOD burgers, how it got to "local  hometown restaurants" is beyond me LOL !! Some of my WORST burgers came from a mom/pop shop, their onion rings were their saving grace Wink
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

[QUOTE=ac fleet]All that fast food is NOT good for you!!! Cook your own!!!! LOL!! --- GROW YOUR OWN!lol!!!

The wrong assumption most of us keep making is you our a SOMEWHAT NORMAL human. Wink But your Confused questions do keep it interesting.

You keep telling us what good FF you had. So no assumption on our part.  I guess thinking you not lying is an assumption, so you lying to us? 
[/QUOTE
How am I lying ? The salad comment is just my observation on the menu, the Wendys chili I HAVE had and it's AWESOME !!!
The conscious from you guys is that ALL FF is "BAD", IMO, it's not
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 8:08pm
The burger was leading the fast food race ...

Until the hotdog mustard up the energy to ketchup, and emerged the clear wiener.

Edited by DiyDave - 30 Jun 2022 at 8:08pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 8:29pm
How am I lying ? The salad comment is just my observation on the menu, the Wendys chili I HAVE had and it's AWESOME !!!
The conscious from you guys is that ALL FF is "BAD", IMO, it's not

Well, in the past 2 years you have NEVER brought up salad... All you talk about is burgers, fries, fish and shakes.....THATS WHAT YOU BUY !...

There is no "conscious" ??  .... several of us said we eat at  McD or others... I eat out a couple times a week with grandkids..

Like ANY topic, there are people that dont like or do like.... McDonalds manages to make a few dollars a year, so they are doing OK..

With over 35,000 locations and more than 700 million served each year, McDonald's is one of the most recognizable brands in history. The company continues to set new records and services over 70 million customers per day.Feb 21, 2022

Edited by steve(ill) - 30 Jun 2022 at 8:38pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 9:06pm
Maybe duck egg salad?Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 9:32pm
with BLUE cheese dressing ! Wink
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 8:18am
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 12:13pm
Sorry my poor writing skills may have confused you. 

I DID NOT SAY YOU WHERE LYING.  I said I used what you have told us of buying burgers and fries, fishy sandwiches, and other delectable delights of the FF industry. But if you are not partaking of FF then you lied to the people here.  

I have never read a nutrition expert say FF is good nutrition. They also like to fool people and some of the salads end up being super high calories. A classic of that is the Taco Bell salad in the eatable torta bowl.

Have a good time deciding which burger joint to give your money to tonight as you wife is on a budget. According to your own words. Oh if you want to eat cheaper and better food (less of the ingredients you cannot pronounce) bulk rice and beans will keep you going a long time real cheap. 

Edited by Ray54 - 01 Jul 2022 at 12:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic