This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need 616 product number

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need 616 product number
    Posted: 30 May 2022 at 10:36pm
have a leak on the rear left of the gear box by the brakes on my 616 need to get the product number so i can look up the parts and service on simplicity  or see if i can find it on simpletractors.com .  thanks Hud
Sponsored Links

Bird76Mojo View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:13pm
I know one thing. You're in for a treat when you tear in to the dropbox, if it needs more parts than you planned. Cross referencing the right closed-end needle bearings is a nightmare. Even the suppliers have some of the specs wrong in the required bearings. Depth can be an issue.

Seals and most bearings were easy to get locally though, and very affordable.

You'll want to replace all of the brake springs while you're in there. John Deere brake springs are a perfect fit and easy to get. Also wire wheel or sandblast the brake "discs" and coat all moving parts (especially the balls that spread the assembly apart while rotating) in anti-seize.

Part 141 here:

https://www.partstree.com/models/9020-1690230-simplicity-power-max-garden-tractor-19-5hp/transmission-group-diagram-3-17/

I made some foam covers (gap fillers) that I covered in several layers of Plasti-Dip to stop vast amounts of water from pouring in to the brake assembly all the time. They've worked well so far.

Edited by Bird76Mojo - 30 May 2022 at 11:30pm
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:48am
looks like i will be needing seal number 216800sm   fig. 141  no longer avialable . anyone know s what interchanges?  every thing in the drop box side should be ok but the brakes have needed work since i got it several years ago
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 4:02pm
Sheesh, lock washers and nuts. LOL!  Not much available anymore.....

Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 10:22pm
pulled it in the shop last sunday and put all the cckb manifold and carb linkages and shrouding on the ccka  engine  what big differance,    but it left a puddle on the floor 
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 4:52pm
I was able to cross reference those seals after some heavy internet searching. Found some on Ebay that were not Simplicity brand, but fit like a glove. I added a bunch of info to this thread when rebuilding my drop boxes and brakes: https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/40690-720-back-tire-locks/?page=2

Simplicity/Briggs 2168006 1.000 I.D. is the seal you need. Here is some further discussion on it: https://www.gardentractortalk.com/threads/bevel-gearbox-seal-cross-over.49782/

Drop box vents 1/8x27 thread - 1-5psi (cheap on Ebay from Zerks Plus)

Brake springs: John Deere #M831T (sold individually)

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 9:04pm
thats some good info should only need seals and re work the brakes while its apart but theres usally a suprise when you think its going to be easy
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 9:49pm
A lot of these parts are just easier to replace now while you have it apart, and some of them are very cheap to do.

For instance, why put new seals in the drop box itself without being 100% sure the drop box vents are clean and clear and do not stick closed if they're the pin type...? For the price, I replaced my vents with the proper low pressure units.

If it were me, I'd put in all new brake springs for sure. Along with the seals behind the brakes. I'd also blast the brake "pads" and the inner pad surfaces and the rotating balls.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 9:36pm
you bet i will do everything on the brakes , i just hope idont have something going south in the trans housing to make the seal go out
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:41pm
I finally found the pictures of the pieces I made in an attempt to shed most of the water out and away from the brakes. The top of the brake area being uncovered is a really bad design imo.

Closed cell foam sprayed several times with Plastidip.

http://https://i.imgur.com/6n4f6q7.jpg

http://https://i.imgur.com/TnGoDtX.jpg

Edited by Bird76Mojo - 06 Jun 2022 at 8:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic