This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D15 Series 1 Gasser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ster1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D15 Series 1 Gasser
    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 12:28pm
Howdy folks,
Question for you: my recent acquisition has had some "creative" torch work done, apparently. Someone took off the backhoe previously, and used a hot wrench on it, it seems. I'd like to put a backhoe back on someday, but I doubt this is right. Can someone maybe post a pic of what their mounts look like? I'm pretty savvy with welding and fabrication, so there's a good chance I can fix this, but I don't know what it's supposed to look like. I hope the picture upload worked :)

Sponsored Links

JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 11:07pm
I was wondering if it had a trencher on it.  Don't know for sure but since there wasn't the backhoe, or a trencher for that matter laying around the yard.  I think you could mount a backhoe on it without a whole lot of effort.  Have you gotten the engine running yet?  Looking forward to seeing it back together and running!

ster1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ster1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 6:00am
Hey John,
Yeah she’s a runner. I’m not getting the oil pressure I’d like but it runs and the hydraulics work. I’m going to put a different control valve, and aux hydraulics on er this winter, with quick disconnects up by the bucket and a quick attach plate too. I found someone selling a backhoe off an I600, so imma jump on that now. It just looks like someone took a torch to the mounts on mine when they took the old hoe off, and might have cut off part of it. I don’t know, maybe that’s how they’re supposed to look?
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 6:47am
It looks like the hoe should have ears that fit each side of the braces with a pin through them.  Looks like a bit of trimming on the braces to relieve some binding on the pins, not major cutting.  Just my thoughts.
ster1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ster1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 10:59am
I'm mostly concerned about the second pic. The first picture I posted (for the upper left connection) looks probably ok to me, I suppose. But the 2nd one, I don't know - looks a little mangled. I suppose that most of the stresses from digging would be transmitted more along the lower connection points (to the axle), and the upper connection points are more for stabilization? Maybe I'm over - thinking a bit.
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 2:52pm
I would clean it up with a grinder and be sure it has a good 7018 weld around it and move on.  I believe those links will be in tension most of the time as the hoe will try to pull/tip the top of the frame away from the tractor.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic