This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD5G in the white house

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD5G in the white house
    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 2:11pm
As you can see in the photo, it wasn’t a slight change or some wall painting, but this renovation took several years. In the meantime, Truman moved to a house across the street. This photo was taking during the construction work, in 1948.

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 11:24am
I remember in american history class the teacher was showing slides of the white house one time and I was about half alseep and one of those slides popped up .It got my attn and at first i thought it was a hd6g and as I was trying to get a good look  the teacher flipped the slide. Iasked her show it one more time and she said YOU SHOULD HAVE PAID MORE ATTN    lol

Edited by michale34 - 10 Jan 2022 at 3:29pm
Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 11:50am
I have seen this photo many times but this is the first time I've noticed the second HD-5G. Way early for the HD-6G.
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 3:34pm
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 3:35pm
this is the photo I saw back in school
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 5:31pm
No counterweights on machines , and also the early style loader with the square support between loader booms - 
 Every one of the early loader frames I have seen are kind of a series of welding repairs and added iron . A few years back i posted the pictures from inside the white house but the one i posted this time is also the first I seen the 2nd loader being used . 
 Without counterweights one has to be real careful as machine with loaded bucket likes to walk on front idler , especially when backing up . 
 Then looking at the single axle trucks no big thing with a bucket that isn't heaped when loading .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 12:08am
That was quite an undertaking, removing the interior of the building and putting in the steel supports at the same time to support it.  I wonder how much of the steel is still in the building.  Only been in the Eisenhower office building next to the White House.  Would be cool to get a tour of the underside of the WH.
Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 11:16am
Propably a 3/4 yard bucket. Only later did they go to a yard.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 12:17pm
Anyone notice the ghosts in the picture , walking down the bank by truck , setting on iron above truck . 
 Evidently a real slow shutter on camera 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic