This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hydreco pump part number

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydreco pump part number
    Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 10:05am
Hello everyone! Does anyone know the Hydreco pump part number for an HD5B? The hydraulics aren’t listed or shown in the manuals I have.
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 12:29pm
Seems no parts are around for that pump that i have found - Early machines used a Vickers gear pump but the parts to drive it from engine can't be found . 
 I took one of the pumps I had to hyd shop to see if they could get more pressure from unit as it use to stall engine if left in raise position at end of stroke of loader arms , 
 They said the pump was shot and not repairable - so put it back on machine and it still works , just low pressure . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
COD View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 12:36pm
Google pretty much tells me the same thing.👎 does anyone know the specs on it or a replacement pump that will fit with modifications?
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 1:52pm
A hydraulic shop should be able to find a replacement based on dispacement and pressure. I looked for a replacement pump for the 540 loader last summer. The AC pumps are unique to AC at least on the later models. I ended up rebuilding it.
Curt Anderson
HD3, HD5B, HD6E, HD6AG,HD6B dozer, I-400, 615, 616,(2) 620, 720, ACP25 lift truck, 1956 D Special Grader, AC 540 loader, AC 655 crawler loader, AC #84 plow, Simplicity lawn tractors.
COD View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 2:06pm
Where did you find a rebuild kit for it?
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 2:29pm
Wink

Edited by Codger - 03 Jan 2022 at 5:56pm
COD View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 5:49pm
I have thought about something along those lines. It’s just a simple hydraulic circuit. I really need to know the specs on the pump so I can get a replacement with the correct flow at RPM. Thanks for the diagram. Where did you find that?
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 6:14pm
Wink

Edited by Codger - 03 Jan 2022 at 5:55pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 6:18pm
I set the wayback machine back, a little, Sherman.  This thread may give you some of what you are looking for:

Edited by DiyDave - 02 Jan 2022 at 6:19pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
COD View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 8:32pm
Thanks guys!! I appreciate the help! I figure I can engineer something to work now that I know somewhat of some pump specs. Going with a cane pump versus gear is a great idea!   Putting on my MacGyver hat.👍
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 8:46pm
Wink

Edited by Codger - 03 Jan 2022 at 5:56pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 9:14am
Flow on the Hydreco pump is around 30 GPM at 1800 rpm and around 1200 psi. from what i remember .
 Early HD5G used a vickers vain pump but later was the gear pump

Thanks for the way back search - 2014 on the pump - knew it had been discussed before .

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
COD View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 1:36pm
Thanks Coke.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 3:46pm
You can try 2025g1gb hydreco
COD View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 10:03am
Thanks Gem. Dumb question……is the shaft on the pump splined or keyed shaft? Anybody know the shaft size?
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 1:15pm
I dismanled 5 or 6 HD5 and the pump shaft was splenne and am't remember the shaft size but should be 1 inch
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 11:09am
It's a splined shaft that fits into a drive type device that then fits into plate bolted to the front pulley< all kind of lose fitting pieces  . 
 That is where the quandary is in mounting another pump to replace present one , making a drive plate that has some flex for perfect alignment . With some innovation it's possible but not a lot of room to do to many things in front of the engine 
rcwitzel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcwitzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 9:51pm
COD; The shaft is 1".  Will any of these parts help you?  If the pump is correct, I can take it apart to verify it is good.  Message me if you are interested.

Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 10:13am
I found a number of sources for parts including a Hydreco web site. I have used Womack supply in the past. Any good hydraulic rebuilder could get parts. However if the housing is damaged, it's probably not worth it.
Knowing the pump specs would help. Input shaft size and spline count. Pump flange size. (B or C) Gear width and diameter. Most pumps I have worked on had a PN stamped on the flange.
There are a lot of pumps out there that will probably fit.
Do some research.
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
COD View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 8:31pm
rcwitzel I sent you a pm.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic