This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC130

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC130
    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 6:22am
Finally found an affordable AC130, kind of a 'winter project'. Along with a dented hood , the seat pan under the seat is all tore. Put air in tires and released the parking brake so it's a LOT easier to push.It's 23HP, 42" deck and the seat's not ripped !
Once I confirm it starts and runs, I'll remove the seatpan and repair.
Wife ain't happy,but after the new furnace gets installed in garage,you know where I'll be !

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 11:11am
We have one of those. It’s been a pretty good mower. Dad bought it new when they first came out. A limited offer from Simplicity. Not the Allis we are used to, lightly built, but an affordable mower. I think our has around 500 hours on it. Briggs engine is the highlight of the package. It does mow well and turns short just don’t expect it to last 30 plus years like the old Allis mowers do. Hope it turns out to be a good project for you.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 1:56pm
well, starts with gas into carb, then runs GREAT..even drives nice !
So ,off came the seatpan...to repair cracks where seat support bolts.
Query ? Did anyone offer a front bumper for this rider ? It'd be nice to get/make one before I 'unding' the hood.
Engine was made in 2011, model sticker has 2015nnnn as serial number.

Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 5:44am
They are slow!

Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 11:41am
anyone know the simplicity version of ths rider ??

BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 5:30pm
You can down load the manuals from the Simplicity Manufacturing web site.
Support, manuals, pick the picture of the lawn tractor. Then enter the Simplicity model number: 2690812.  Kind of dumb you can't search for "ac130", but that's the way it has been.
The 46" model is 2690813
I suspect they had a Snapper branded version of this.

Question for all: Simplicity was bought up by Allis-Chalmers, then sold off to be independent again, then sold to Briggs and Stratton.
Now Briggs and Stratton filed bankruptcy and an investment group picked them up.

So does anyone know how this is going? Is Briggs, Simplicity and Snapper safe?

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 4:02am
Haven’t heard yet. The Briggs buyout hurt Simplicity as far as I’m concerned. They stopped making a lot of parts for the older machines. I wanted to get a new lift cable for my sickle mower that goes on my 720. NLA, but a few years before that Simplicity still made them. There are some other wear parts that I couldn’t get but can’t think of what they were at the moment.
We live in a throw away world, manufacturer’s want to force us to do so with our old stuff so they don’t have to support them any longer.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 5:58am
thanks for the info !
Got to powerwash it yesterday( afte rI helped move 2 -20' seacans as a 'unit', thne help install new furnace in garage...), seatpan needs welding and reinforcment where the seat bracket attaches. Is this 'normal' or am I 'special' ?

Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 6:23am
Heavy operator?

Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 6:39am
I don't know, bought it sight unseen, not run in 1+ years.
Went to S website, NO front bumpers..that i can see... off to make my own, as hood has 'found' a few trees.
I'm also making a 'reinforcement plate' for the seat bracket/pan 'upgrade'.
Thanks guys !
Jay

Gatz in NE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatz in NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 5:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic