This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can someone date my tractor:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2022 at 7:18am
I agree but a magnet will always catch some burnishings from gear pattern wear throughout the life of the machine. Maybe the drain plug is magnetic in this transmission but doesn't state that in the manual, nor are magnets mentioned anyplace. There is a screen just in front of the suction tube and all this will be checked once the tractor is serviced, along with a plethora of filters to replace. The finals and main case clearly reference magnetic plugs, so find it odd this transmission does not.
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2022 at 6:21pm
Somewhere in its long life, someone could have swapped them...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 8:55am
Had some high winds come through recently and two of my new, and high quality, (you know the type) Dehli, India produced rubber bungee straps broke securing my tarp scenario on the 11B. Nothing a couple of feet of nylon rope didn't take care of however. Still clean and dry in the operator's compartment.

Taking the freshly topped batteries back over and planning to end the hybernation cycle this next week bringing the tractor back to the shop to make ready for work. I've submitted resignation to my implement dealer hauling job as need something more rewarding/challenging to do in retirement.

I'm looking for a starter RGN lowboy trailer under about $15K if anyone knows anything available. Trailer will be dedicated to this dozer and doesn't matter if mechanical, or hydraulic neck. Also wouldn't rule out a folder and also doesn't matter if mechanical, or power fold as I have the large winch needed.

Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 7:41am
Ran by with the fresh batteries yesterday afternoon dropping them by the side of the tractor. Not going to manhandle those behemoths by myself as Tony wasn't around to help. I did however climb up onto a track, opened the battery compartment and flipped on the master disconnect. I then pushed the starter button and those spare shop batteries currently installed are not flat at all. That 11000 engine rolls around fast but the tractor is still tarped so didn't fire it off. 

Got a small hole worn through the tarp where a muffler support bracket was rubbing when the rubber bungees starting breaking allowing the tarp to make contact. Not a worry and I'll cement a patch over this compromise once the tractor is opened up again.

Didn't untarp but did replaced the broken bungees with new. Unfortunately they too are from the same batch as the prior so a short lived repair I'm certain. Supposed to start raining again this afternoon so didn't open her up, but sure am getting anxious. Later in the week possibly. 
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 12:34pm
I can very well relate to your story. It seems like weather, wind, tarps and bungees are playing a game with us to see who is going to win LOL. When we think we have the upper hand it seems like 'they' are going for the next 'chess move'.
Soon you'll be having fun with your machine and these winter thoughts will be long gone :)
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 5:31pm
I'm far beyond tired of winter for some reason this year. Anxious to get the tractor home for some maintenance and upkeep on top of have already sold my services for a couple of jobs. I've cut my pricing as these are friends and they are going to let me "play" on their properties while actually doing real work. One needs a berm cut down to allow a lakeside view  from his back door. It is current encumbered by about 60' depth of treelines  running about 500' which have grown up in the berm from when it was formed 26 years ago. The house wasn't built or decided upon then, but is now.  Another job is to cut in a road and  level a building lot from former strip mine property. This was "spoils" so will need some conditioning by topsoil blending but the homesite is now selected to work up to.

That tarp in my opinion was worth the extra money it cost. It has held up much better than the best polyethylene tarps out there. I will purchase a small one to use for patching and a flexible contact cement for permanent repairs when needed.     

Edited by Codger - 29 Mar 2022 at 5:34pm
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 8:38am
If you ever run out of "work" for that dozer, I have a 40 acre overgrown pasture next to me. The owner lets me hunt it, but wants access paths cut all around it for a small tractor(mine for mowing) and a 4 wheeler . Wink
 Last fall I got a guy with an excavator in to clean up a half acre of the old barn yard. Now I need to do some root raking and leveling so he can seed it down for a view from his camper site.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 9:14am
I will get in touch later in the spring as I want to do these local jobs first to both gain experience, and kinda learn the ropes of operation. I'm not, nor ever have been an operator and going to teach myself.

I've found a couple of designs for a root rake to build, but I want to have the tractor at my shop when laying it out for fitment. Hope to have that done sometime in the near future.   
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 9:51pm
Ran over this afternoon to install the batteries. Tarp still looks nice after setting all winter:

Installed the two batteries shown on the ground next to the push beams by myself while standing on the track and under the tarp. A real bitch too. A bit snug, dry, and cozy inside despite the wind and rain we've had of late:

Engine cranks strong but I'm not going to start it while tarped, obviously.

The weather for the next few days is supposed to shape up a bit so may get back over to make a couple of quick repairs and squirt some grease into joints with my new Milwaukee M18 grease gun purchased for this tractor. Also have an Alemite two speed manual grease gun to permanently affix to the chassis someplace with it's mount. I need to figure out where I'll mount my track spade, (shovel) for cleaning mud out of the undercarriage also. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic