This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chamlers B Carb jets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vdub73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chamlers B Carb jets
    Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 4:16am
Hi All,

i am new to the forum having recently acquired an Allis Chalmers B - 1941. i believe its been a while since it ran but i managed to get it going and it will start and idle well.
When i bring the revs up it will stumble and then hunt. i have adjusted the governor arm per topics i found here. i have works on the adjustable main jet and it helps a bit but not completely. 
i took the carb apart again for cleaning and noticed that i seem to be missing the air jet just behind the slow running jet. please see photo below.
i am assuming this should be here? if so, what size should it be. the only other numbers i can see is the venturi is 14 and the slow running jet is 45. i cant see or remove the main jet. 
appreciate any help here. 
Dave

Sponsored Links

Vdub73 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vdub73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:01am
Meant to include a photo of her so you know what we are dealing with!

Les Kerf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Kerf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:52am
A hand-start Model B with adjustable front axle and wide fenders. Sweet! Big smile
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:37am
That carb looks a little ODD compared to what we normally see.. Maybe its just the anglel or maybe you have a British Carb that was not used on the US models ?

That being said, many who work on old carburetors will take a liter of water and add a half cup of laundry soap and boil the carb over the stove... Let it set for a while, then pull out and try to remove the jet while the aluminum case is hot... Boiling may also loosen up any crud that is hiding inside the carb..

What model is the carb ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:41am
welcome to the forum
Vdub73 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vdub73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:44am
Thanks Steve - the carb is a Zenith 24T-2. ill give it a good clean before i put it back together. 
i found an air jet online for this carb albeit for the ferguson. not sure if its the same size for the Allis but im assuming i should have one either way... thanks
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:10am
That is a British model that was not used in the USA.. Cant say if it is the right size , original, or after thought.. either way, the cleaning is the same... here is some info..

see exploded view at bottom of this page...... description of operation above..

Edited by steve(ill) - 21 Sep 2021 at 8:13am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:16am
Vdub73 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vdub73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:24am
Many thanks Steve. i think its safe to say there should be an air jet so ive one ordered and will see what she thinks of that. 
in the interim, i may get cleaning...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic