This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Agco ST41A mounted 3 point disc mower ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (NEIA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Agco ST41A mounted 3 point disc mower ?
    Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:51am
Need some opinions before I blow $8,500 big washingtons. Looking at buying a new Kubota DM1017 3 point disc mower to use on the ST41A agco. Anyone have any opinions on the Kubota disc mowers? This one has a 5ft 6 inch cut and my tractor has the hp and lift to handle it. The crop is 90 percent grass mixture, 10 percent alfalfa. This will only be used on my small hobby farm. My old mower conditer broke down and I'm not fixing it. Kubota dealer is 20 miles away so that's nice. They are willing to pick up tractor and haul to there dealership and mount it and bring back to farm and go over everything with me. Thanks for any opinions!
1955 WD-45 with factory PS
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 6:27pm
Take a look at drum mowers.  50% less moving parts, about 50% the price!  Cows and horses won't know the difference, in the hay!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 6:49pm
I would prefer an Allis Twin Wheel sickle or a New Holland 451 sickle mower. If you ain't doing a lot, either will get done about as fast as the disc mower,plus much cheaper, and the field would look better. JMHO, Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 7:13pm
Personally no experience with the Kubota, know some guys that have them and they are happy. For that size of a mower and for that kind of money I recommend a drum mower. I have a Tar River drum mower and I like it on small fields. It is simple, very few parts, I buy the blades at Tractor Supply and they are real easy to change. My experience is you will need a tedder to run through after mowing with a drum mower because it will put the grass in a nice windrow.
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:31pm
I would also go with the drum mower.  I have an allis sickle mower that never leaves the barn anymore.  I bought a used Deutz-Fahr 5'6" drum mower and it cuts thru everything, just be aware that they pull harder than your sickle mower. Look around for a used one or price a new one.  They used to sell lot's of them to chicken farmers in Northern Arkansas.  Good Luck !
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 8:44pm
The kubota mower is a orange Vicon
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic