This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anchor for top link for WD45

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiling John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anchor for top link for WD45
    Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:02am
I have 3 point hitch lift arms installed on a WD45, but need a way to attach a top link so that I can use 3 point hitch implements. I would like to see pictures of how this has been done. Or where I can look.  Thank you.

John
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:10am
you can weld two tabs onto your rock shaft, or bend a thick strap to go around the rock shaft and rotate over it.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:12am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:17am
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:52am
Here is a picture of the factory bracket Allis had.  It mounts to the rock shaft.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:57am
Here's one I made for my WD. I reinforced it where the pin goes thru and put two bolts thru it instead of one to help alleviate twisting from side to side. Muffler clamps keep it
centered. A little rough looking but has stood up to many hours attached to a 5' Bush Hog.

centered.
Smiling John View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiling John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:46am
Thank you.  Do you have any idea how hard it would be to find one?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Smiling John Smiling John wrote:

Thank you.  Do you have any idea how hard it would be to find one?

An original one? 
Pretty rare and pretty expensive; maybe even two or three hundred bucks!
DaveSB View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 3:49pm

I just bought this WD about 2 months ago. This is how the previous owner did his top link bracket.
I’ve never seen it used, and didn’t ask him how well it worked with this set up, but since you asked for pictures, I thought I’d post it for you      

Good Luck
1948 C, 1953 CA, 1948 WD, 1961 D-17 Series 2 Diesel, 1939 WC, 1957 D14
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:03pm
I've heard that the original/Allis top link brackets can be worth up to $100.  I've seen them as low as $50 at the all Allis swap meet in Missouri.  I got mine at an auction a few years back.  Dave
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Dave (NE) Dave (NE) wrote:

I've heard that the original/Allis top link brackets can be worth up to $100.  I've seen them as low as $50 at the all Allis swap meet in Missouri.  I got mine at an auction a few years back.  Dave

I'd be buyin' all those $50 units I could get my hands on!
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Brian G.  NY Brian G. NY wrote:

Originally posted by Dave (NE) Dave (NE) wrote:

I'd be buyin' all those $50 units I could get my hands on!

I got about $200 for one on ebay.
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:09am
Wow, someone really wanted one to pay $200.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:23am
At least  2 people actually.How much do you want for yours?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:19am
I used to keep track of some of the Allis stuff sold on ebay.

In Dec 2006 One of those top link brackets sold for $155.06 on ebay.
In Jan 2007  One sold for $161.52.
In May 2007  one sold for  $142.50 and another for $172.51.

I'm guessing the price hasn't gotten any cheaper since then.

In Mar 2007 an original top link (wheel type) sold for $266.53 and a factory 3 PH adaptor sold for $277.50 without the top link or the top link bracket.
In Feb 2009  a  factory top link (wheel type) sold on ebay for $300.

I have all of these pieces and have actually used the adaptor and top link many times on my WD with a 5' Bush Hog.

The homemade top link bracket works well so I never used the factory bracket after I acquired it.

I don't visit ebay much at all any more so I haven't actually kept up with the prices lately.
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Gary Burnett Gary Burnett wrote:

At least  2 people actually.How much do you want for yours?

Probably not looking to sell mine.  Was a long time before I ever actually even physically saw one, and was not even sure it was the correct one when I did eventually see it and acquired it.  Verified it by posting a picture on this site.  So, will probably continue to hold on to it.  Dave
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Brian G.  NY Brian G. NY wrote:

I used to keep track of some of the Allis stuff sold on ebay.

In Dec 2006 One of those top link brackets sold for $155.06 on ebay.
In Jan 2007  One sold for $161.52.
In May 2007  one sold for  $142.50 and another for $172.51.

I'm guessing the price hasn't gotten any cheaper since then.

In Mar 2007 an original top link (wheel type) sold for $266.53 and a factory 3 PH adaptor sold for $277.50 without the top link or the top link bracket.
In Feb 2009  a  factory top link (wheel type) sold on ebay for $300.

I have all of these pieces and have actually used the adaptor and top link many times on my WD with a 5' Bush Hog.

The homemade top link bracket works well so I never used the factory bracket after I acquired it.

I don't visit ebay much at all any more so I haven't actually kept up with the prices lately.

Years back, I had seen those 3 point adaptors go for up to $500 at auction.  Seems lately, the price has moderated considerably.  I've got a couple of them with the wheel type top link.  Use one on a 3-pt blade with the '45.  Have more angle adjustments with the blade than with the snap coupler blade.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic