This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

800 Gleaner head question - stabilizer adjustments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 800 Gleaner head question - stabilizer adjustments
    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 4:02pm
I'm trying to replace the ball joints on the stabilizers and bent angle irons under the head. My question is..... how do you adjust the stabilizers? Is there a measurement to go by? My book is for a late model 300 series but I believe they are very similar in that area. My book mentions nothing about the stabilizers. Hoping to finish this job so I can start the bean harvest soon. The beans look to be about a week away give or take a day.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Sponsored Links

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:52pm
I guess they might be called parallel bars..... whatever the ball joints screw into. I can find nothing about them in my book. Thanks.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 6:36am
If these are the ones on top of the arms that push the cutterbar, get them the same length as each old one you remove  !!! Otherwise the cutterbar tilt angle will be changed.  If there is a dimension for a 300, I'd imagine they are the same.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 7:29am
OK, thanks. I did measure the length before I removed any and am about half way through but the skid plates don't seem to match each other. The far right plate was really bent up so maybe I need to bend a couple plates back after I finish installing the ball joints..... or adjust the parallel bars to compensate. I wish those plates weren't so expensive, it really needs a couple replaced. 
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 8:47am
I looked at the bracket giving me trouble that the upper and lower stabilizers are pinned to and it is bent and broken loose back behind the spring and a pin is partly out. Looks like I have to pull the long shaft that the sensor arms are attached to in order to drop that whole apparatus down. That shaft is somewhat bent up and would never pull out through all the other sensor arms. Do I have to just cut that shaft up and replace? I can't see where that splice is so I only have to deal with half the shaft. What do you Gleaner gurus do? 

It's snowballing into a bigger job than I intended. Stern Smile
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 12:56pm
Well I decided to replace that long 3/4" sensing rod just to make life easier. I repaired the bracket attaching the two stabilizers already so I guess it is just a matter of putting in the time.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:30am
You'll be happy you that you took the time to do it right.
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:55pm
Thanks people, I certainly am happy with how the head cuts now. Next are the little tricks to make it feed proper. Very green stems this years and a very good yield makes it slow going. I do know what needs to be done for better feeding.

Move auger ahead as far as possible, grind edges of auger square (careful for windows), 3/4" from auger to bottom of floor, knock lock washers onto auger flighting every third of the way around, maybe add 12" baler belting about 3" longer than the tines staggered about the reel.

But I'm so busy helping a friend harvest I'm finding it hard to find enough time.... and was helping another put up a pole shed.....
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic