This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Music Era ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:09am
LOL
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Hendrix was 101st Airborne. Boy George??? In his day, they “asked”!
Hendrix died from drugs I believe, I think Boy George is still breathing Confused ?? Hendrix music was/is HIDEOUS IMO Smile Confused

What does the 101 have to do with music BTW ConfusedOuch ??

I figured the comparison would lose you, but don’t care.

All I can say, if you’re going to judge musicians on drugs, you won’t be listening to much of any genre of any era.
You are WRONG !!!  Sadly, I STILL hear HORRIBLE screeching from Hendrix on the local "CLASSIC ROCK" station "here" Cry !!

LOLLOLLOLLOL
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:14am
FreeDickWeed, you said, "Sadly you would rather listen to Boy George.  You are correct, that is sad.LOL
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:05pm
Something in the news, today reminded me of this classic:

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:49pm
@FREEDGUY; Easy Big 'Un. My reply wasn't a diss. So you prefer Culture Club to Jimi Hendrix Experience. That's fine. I like all sorts of music that others do not, others like all sorts of music that I do not. Musical (and any other) taste is subjective. It cannot be quantified. It's all good bro bro. Why do you try to create acrimony with someone who is trying to be amiable with you? Do you just enjoy internet drama? Is that it? Would you prefer that I start insulting you?
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:11am
@JTOOL, to put it short, yes, he LOVES drama and creating it. 
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:34pm
Don't take offense if he does not reply, he's probably runnin' a needle through Wham's greatest hits right now...Kenny G is on deck.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 5:45am
Originally posted by AllisFreak MN AllisFreak MN wrote:

Don't take offense if he does not reply, he's probably runnin' a needle through Wham's greatest hits right now...Kenny G is on deck.

Maybe some air Supply is what he needs.😂
fleeter allis fan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fleeter allis fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 9:45pm
There is a reason that "Classic" Rock has become classic. Many people including me find it the most enjoyable music to listen to. Classic Rock station Q107 from Toronto used to have a program called Psychedelic Sunday every Sunday afternoon hosted by a DJ named Andy Frost. Played the best of psychedelic rock from about 1965 to 1975. It was a great show with great music.
I'm a man...and I can change...if I have to... I guess.
'44 B, '46 WF, '49 G, 810GT, 916H, 620
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 6:47am
Originally posted by fleeter allis fan fleeter allis fan wrote:

There is a reason that "Classic" Rock has become classic. Many people including me find it the most enjoyable music to listen to. Classic Rock station Q107 from Toronto used to have a program called Psychedelic Sunday every Sunday afternoon hosted by a DJ named Andy Frost. Played the best of psychedelic rock from about 1965 to 1975. It was a great show with great music.
Any Hendrix on that show?LOL
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fleeter allis fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 1:33pm
Oh, I am sure that they played Hendrix on that show, as he was very popular during that era, although he has never really been a favorite of mine.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 4:58am
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
sarahkollins View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahkollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 4:26pm
For me, it's definitely 2000-2010. I just love when Britney Spears started her career as a performer, it was a unique atmosphere in the music industry. I remember as a child dancing to her songs and imagining that I was living her life. Now it's funny to remember that time since both she and I are already quite grown-up people with destinies. I sometimes listen to selections of songs from those years on https://show4me.com/ and I remember what my life was like in those years. I don't have sadness; it's just such melancholy for my childhood, which probably every adult feels. But never mind, I'm glad that I grew up on this kind of music

Edited by sarahkollins - 29 Dec 2021 at 4:37am
D19allisowner View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D19allisowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 4:48pm
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fleeter allis fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 5:03pm
Are you sure? From your tag line, it looks like your favorite should be a certain three piece from Toronto.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic