This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMMO SHORTAGE STILL ON

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMMO SHORTAGE STILL ON
    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 8:39pm

Ammunition inventories that were depleted during the pandemic are showing no sign of improving, according to Smith & Wesson Brands CEO Mark Smith. 

Gun sales in the U.S. have soared over the past 15 months as people sought protection in response to the wave of civil unrest that occurred following the death of George Floyd as well as an increase in socially distant outdoor activities amid COVID-19 lockdowns. 

Firearms enthusiasts also stocked up to prepare for the possibility of stricter gun regulations during the Biden administration. 

The unprecedented demand for firearms has made it difficult for manufacturers to keep ammunition on store shelves. 

"It's widely known the ammunition shortages continue," said Smith & Wesson CEO Mark Smith. "There is still a lot of interest in firearms."

Smith & Wesson said it shipped nearly 2.5 million units last year, up 70% from 2020. 

Strong demand continues in 2021. 

NICS background checks have climbed 6.8% year over year to almost 1.63 million through the first five months of 2021. Last year they soared 40% to a record 39.695 million.

Background checks are indicative of sales trends but don’t translate directly to sales. For example, customers can purchase multiple firearms at once and only be the subject of one background check. 

A survey of 1,800 customers conducted in April by market research firm Southwick Associates found three-quarters of respondents encountered out-of-stock issues when trying to purchase ammunition. That was down slightly from the four in five customers who faced the problem in 2020. 

Eighty-one percent of those surveyed said they would like to have more ammunition. 

"At some point, demand will certainly soften," said Rob Southwick, president of Southwick Associates. "However, frenzied purchasing and empty shelves often fuels further increases in demand. We do not see demand softening in the near future."

Edited by steve(ill) - 18 Jun 2021 at 8:40pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 9:46pm
About the way it is around here. Shelves are not as bare as they were a few months back but prices are still high. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 10:55pm
Was in 3 stores in Sx City on thursday. Almost no Ammo on shelves, gun selection also very low. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:00pm
same every ware  slowly manageing to find what i need or want 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 3:32am
Midway sporting goods is showing SOME ammo, not a whole lot and it leaves pretty quick.

Edited by DMiller - 19 Jun 2021 at 3:32am
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 8:53am
pretty much whatever one needs can be found, if one looks hard enough, at least in small quantities, but it is insanely expensive. 
funny thing is .50 is available and really cheap, compared to prices in the past. I guess there is little demand right now
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 12:18pm
Was at a Fleet Farm store in Hudson WI - empty shelves - well except 4 boxes of 5 shell turkey loads and a few slug rounds in packs of 5 - and a price that was atrocious 
 On another shelf were some 3 1/2 " 12 ga shells but only a couple boxes . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:46pm
Never heard of a .50 round - please explain
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:52pm
Starting to appear locally and prices dropping fast in the last two weeks
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:58pm
50 BMG,, one long range hard hitting SOB.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:28pm
Already have plenty
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 9:01pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 9:06am
I just went to the ammo supply last night to get 22's to plink some ground hogs.  Just out of curiosity I looked at the price.  $1.99 for a 50 round cube.  I thought that was a little steep for 22's!  I probably have enough to get me thru til the end!  I got two ground hogs, the scope is still dead on!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 5:23pm
I still have two Bricks of 500 I paid less than $30 for
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Never heard of a .50 round - please explain
.50BMG
Wait for the Lord;
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 7:20pm
What are you using the .50 BMG on? Kills on both sides!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by allisbred allisbred wrote:

What are you using the .50 BMG on? Kills on both sides!
not mine, member of the family, but it is strictly for fun, long range target shooting

Wait for the Lord;
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic