This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 7030

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 7030
    Posted: 12 May 2021 at 6:06am
Hey y’all my 30 has a slight oil leak from the bottom of the pto shaft. Is has the 2 speed pto. Is fixing this leak easy or not so much? What is involved once I remove the shaft? Thanks. Dana
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:55am
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:49pm
That's what my 7060 did last fall on the grain auger. Started leaking a bit and after a while, I couldn't keep oil in it. Mine wound up being a bad bearing cup at the front end of the main shaft and that in turn let shaft move and ultimately seal failure. It's a messy job but not to bad. Get the oil drained by dropping pan under pto and let it sit a day or so, it will still drip on you. All the parts I needed were available through AGCO. Got it on the ditcher now and working fine.
Good luck. 
Leon B MO
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 5:04am
Thanks! JC no link can you resend?

Edited by captaindana - 13 May 2021 at 5:06am
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:44am
Thats crazy, I just looked at it yesterday.  My hot link up there didn't work... nor did it when just coping the hot link  and pasting it... strange. gotta go find the thread again.

Dana, found it again ,  same looking link but I am not putting it in as a hot link this time... COPY and PASTE into your browser bar, maybe that will work... I hope it works.

How I found it... I went up into search, then hit advanced search.  When that came up, I put in the 'search by key word box, '7020 pto seal', and then went over to the 'find posts bar and changed it from 'last six months' to 'any date' and then hit 'start search'.  That got a list of possibles and there was '7020 pto leaking' thread by youngorange2000... fifth comment down was by Lynn Marshall of Dana, Iowa that posted with pics.
  Good luck. JC
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:06am
Dana, Hope Dr Allis see this and responds to it he help me out on my 7030 pto that went out twice with mind the nut didn't have the safely wire and if I remember right he told me to strike the nut with a punch and tack weld the nut so it couldn't come loose, the nut came loose both time when the seal started leaking. HTH 
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 1:41pm
The oldest 7030/50's had a stake nut that you took a punch to into am notch on the shaft. That design didn't work out very well. Either change the shaft and nut to the new castellated design or set the nut and then tack weld it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic