This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11 parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD11 parts
    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 3:05pm
HD3
Sponsored Links

NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 3:08pm
HD3
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 4:09pm
If you had another engine to drop in, might be a good deal.  Tracks sure look good but no pic of the rails or sprockets.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 5:16pm
What is an HD11ES?
  I see the HD11EP is a powershift,
But an ES model, what is that?
Has the old buda lanova design engine and straight steering sticks and looks like a standard clutch in it. Wet or dry?
and the tracks come out to nearly the front bumper.
 This just a standard old farm crawler?  Looks like from the late 50's.
 Thanks for any information.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 7:30pm
HD11S and HD11ES were the "lighter" version of the HD11B and HD11E respectively.  These were aimed at the farm market according to Swinford's book, but some were fitted with dozers.  HD11S had 6 roller track frame (38 link) and ES had seven roller (41 link) frame.  HD11F had 8 rollers per side.. (sideboom)  Probably came out around 1958, several improvements happened around '61-'62 including oil main clutch, hydraulic steering, dry air cleaner and 10000 direct injection engine.  These would all have dry steering clutches, wet clutches came out with Powershift model at serial number 10000. (1964)
NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 8:58pm
Has hydraulic rams for front blade so I assume there is one to go with it

HD3
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 5:07pm
Lazyts, thanks for info on HD11ES.  Serial number identifies it as 1960 model.
 Pics show oil bath air cleaner, no turbo, A-B pump. 
 It has a small hydraulic pump on the back and a Industrial Cab Company cab on it.
  It looks pretty straight, but probably hasn't run in 30+ years.  Muffler has a ran cap on it, so maybe engine might still be loose..
 What surprised me is the Hp the Nebraska test report was on an HD11B crawler... max hp was 89.75hp, and rated was 80.82... and drawbar hp in 2nd gear was only 59.33.   and yet it showed  it pulled 20,468 pounds in low gear with corresponding hp of 72.67hp..
 Book says with operator, it weighed 22,375...
 Was there much difference between the B series as the ES series in weight?.
 And what would this old crawler be worth as it sits?
https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/242/HD11ES_1960_RSc_r.jpg
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 5:30pm
I think for a non-runner, just look at the going scrap price, then add anywhere from 10% to 100% based on the general condition of the machine.  Let's say it weighs 10 tons, and the scrap price is $200 per ton, you are looking in the 2-4 thousand dollar range.  Weight difference between a B and S would be minimal- S and ES machines were generally missing the track guards and front tow hook.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Lazyts Lazyts wrote:

I think for a non-runner, just look at the going scrap price, then add anywhere from 10% to 100% based on the general condition of the machine.  Let's say it weighs 10 tons, and the scrap price is $200 per ton, you are looking in the 2-4 thousand dollar range.  Weight difference between a B and S would be minimal- S and ES machines were generally missing the track guards and front tow hook.

Wink That is fine and dandy if it can sit where you find it. LOL But a dead Cat is not to bad to roll around, but take track off or any other think that keeps it from rolling.Cry But even the rolling 10 ton will take a lot more than 50 hp wheel tractor to load. And when your paying over $100 a hour for the truck. Best not to keep it waiting long. There may be money to make in used parts Confused but there is money to loose as well if not careful.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 4:07am
New question, Lot of these old crawlers had power shafts that would only run with the clutch engaged,  Does this crawler have that, or is the shaft live?  A friend said he walked a D7 out of the swamp in winter with a reverser box that he had built hooked to the power shaft of the dozer.  I used the box to drive a little H3 back onto the tracks and then out and up onto a trailer. worked pretty neat. Though I would have increased the gearing ratio to turn the output side slower. If I used that reverser, on the 11ES to move it, the shaft would have to be disengaged from the engine as in clutch open. If the shaft is live, then you can't disconnect from the engine... and that is the reason why I am asking. Literature did not say anything about the powershaft other than options were engine speed 1800rpm or at 485 clockwise or 377 counter clockwise.  mmm maybe easier would be to try starting the engine and have it move on it's own.
https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/242/HD11ES_1960.jpg
mmm, Chain on the drawbar assembly... doesn't give a warm fuzzy feeling. Wonder if it was for dragging something else.. or if it was used for pulling this old crawler in there... Ermm   
Ray54, you mention hundred bucks an hour, and then I got to thinking... So I googled the distance and just on the road its 300 miles making it 5 1/2 or 6 hours. And the time spent trying to get it ready to load etc.,  sure starts to count up.
  Lazyts, I finally found a book that lists the 11ES at 21,900 pounds... or basically 11 tons.  Now the local scrap dealer docks for whole machines... but I don't scrap enough to know the ins and outs, but current internet prices of prepared steel delivered is about 200 bucks a ton and unprepared is 170 ton.  Cast iron at 201, and brake rotors at 221 ... Farm machinery 170 and complete cars are 184 a ton.  Maybe a fellow could get it little cheaper than 200 a ton?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic