This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Repairing Allis Chalmers Power Feed Box (wagon)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 12:37pm
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:29pm
might have the shaft numbers that  ac7060il supplied 
solidground View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solidground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 11:56am
Hey all,
Thank you again for the help on figuring out our wagon issues.  I've finally gotten around to starting this project, and I'm hitting an issue that I hope you can give me advice on. 

I've got a new bevel gear (part number 515366 - it's #5 in the diagram you gave, AC7060IL).  Now I can't for the life of me figure out how to replace it!  The two gears are at a 90 degree angle - I can't remove either because they block each other.  So I was thinking that the solution is to pull the whole shaft out the front so the gear can just drop down?  But I think the woodruff keys (which I can't remove) are hitting the bearing assembly or something.  Suffice to say, I can't pull the shaft forward, but I can't pull the gear backward.  How do I remove it?
Thank you so much for any insight - I feel like the solution must be obvious, but it's not occurring to me.
)AC7060IL
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solidground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 12:05pm
To be clear - here's the diagram again that I'm referring to.  I'm trying to remove the #5 gears, but they block each other and they each go through same L-shape bracket, holding them together.  What's the trick?

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 12:38pm
Drive shaft in through gear till you can get the key out then pull the shaft out.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solidground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 2:05pm
Yes, I see it now, thank you so much!  Push the perpendicular shaft in to get the key out, then pull it out and the gear drops down.  Then there's room to pull the gear off the PTO shaft.
Thank you tadams!
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 7:31pm
could you or someone post a picture and measurements of that gear 515366 please.
Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic