This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Propane Prices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propane Prices
    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:42pm
Propane in my part of Missouri (east central) went from $1.95 two weeks ago to #3.00 per gallon this week. I bought summer prepay at $1.25. I hope spring gets here on time. Have a good one. Gary
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:16am
Our local MFA has put all customers including Keep Fulls on 150 gal max for now. Supply line to inconsistent.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 4:37am
Ordered a fillip a while back. It took a few weeks to get it. They got here and we happen to be home. Driver told me the price jumped way up. I asked when. He told me the day before and they had a 200 gallon limit. My wife got wind of all this. She got on the phone to the main office. When it was all said and done we gave $1.59 and got a full tank.
They honored their price and commitment.
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 7:38pm
The price of my wood stays consistent.   Free I just have to cut it.
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 12:38pm
Our contract still has 600 gallons left on it... it was around $0.92/gal.  With the 900gal that's in the two tanks, we'll be fine for the rest of the winter... and in late march, we'll have 'em deliver the remainder, and we'll be set 'till fall.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:12am
So what is the reason for the price to jump 50% all at once?
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 11:19am
Originally posted by ac hunter ac hunter wrote:

So what is the reason for the price to jump 50% all at once?

Wink  What tropical island have you been stuck on the last 3 weeks?  Confused Even over here in la,la land surrounded by Fruits and Nuts I knew it was colder than cold in most of North America. So I think this is real  SUPPLY AND DEMAND, it was sold faster than it could be made or delivered.

As I understand with less gasoline sales less crude is processed so less propane by product coming from the refineries. The cold created more demand. And of course in the free market a bit of price gouging.

The frugal have a big tank and fill it in summer. I have a 500 gal and fill once a year. Still over priced as it cost over $3.00 in summer here.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 12:11pm
Not exactly tropical here in Ohio lately but was wondering if the price was due to supply and demand or due to rising crude prices.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:16pm
it's ALL about GOUGING the public..what you'll pay before screaming...

...or the 'tettertotter' principal...

Say the oil company needs $1million per day, if YOUR need for gas goes down, THEIR price at the pump goes up , in order to keep getting the 'million a day'......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:53pm

All those 'Snowbirds' wintering in RV's are burning Propane to keep warm.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 11:46pm
only propane i've bought in the last 50 sum years has been for my grill and an ocassioal top of bottle heater. right now propane for them things have been in the $4.35 per gallon range. but they last along time. we don't even use propane in the RV. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 5:00am
Only LP we have here is Stove Top and BBQ connections from house.  Have a deep fryer/camp stove but use 15# bottles.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:10am
My main user of propane is my D17LP!!
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:57pm
Was $1.65 this summer her. Just ordered a fill up will see what the new price is.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 2:04pm
I was quoted $2.00 per gallon here today, down 50ยข a gallon from last week. They told me to hold off if I could. Glad I won't need any till April.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic