This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Forklifting fun....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Forklifting fun....
    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:16am
Front left tire 'found' a nail.psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
I think I had it easier than the tire guy. He wondered why it was still on the rim. I carefully explained that I don't have a red 'S' under my T shirt.
If my name was 'Chris' , I'd clean and rebuild the entire forklift before the tire comes back this afternoon......

Jay

Edited by jaybmiller - 24 Jan 2021 at 6:43am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:45am
Up and running , again !
1 hour to remove
1 hour at the shop
1 hour to reinstall

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:51pm
down again.....apple sized 'pimple' on the tread are...
ugh..need a tire..

OK...so.....HOW do you get tire/rim OFF the drum/hub ?

DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:01pm
Most of the worlds' problems can be quickly resolved with a careful dose of plastic explosives... LOL  Ain't those forklift tires HEAVY?  Mine sure are...
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:49pm
Oh we are having fun over here too! The plastic stuff sounds like the most fun!
Jay that is good looking tire lift! Mine were not as big and heavy. Looking for the nearest cliff!
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 25 Jan 2021 at 12:51pm
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 5:25pm
today's adventure....cost me more in labour than I paid for the rubber BUT I'm happy. will be interesting to see how she's drives in the 4" of 'pretty' , he-who-must-not-be-namedis sending me tomorrow ! Shop couldn't break the rim aways from the drum,the cast iron drum, the HEAVY cast iron drum....
Old yeller, may not be a blue ribbon winner BUT she lifts a LOT around here !!
Jay

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 6:27pm
jay,
 I like "Old Yeller"!
I moved my own old yeller a little today and am not very comfortable yet. But was glad I got the brakes working and the neutral safety functioning too.
Thanks for the update.
 I wanted to take mine out in the snow so bad!!
Regards,
 Chris

D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:24pm
Chris, With those tires, I doubt if you would even gotten far enough to get the rear tires off the concrete before you would be stuck.  Great machines -  on a hard surface!
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:45pm
My Hyster H50H has tires alot like Jay's... a little wider, possibly a little taller, and while I can drive it off the concrete... if the ground isn't really dry, it won't get far before going on a mining expedition.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 5:43am
These are 'Ironman' brand,never even looked at them when I bought. Guy had 4,only needed two. I figure the grandaughter will still be using it long after I'm gone and never ever need a 2nd set of rubber.
Yeah, I KNOW about mining expeditions... at least 1-2 a year, never found gold though...
Last spring I used my Kubota to dig it out and then D-14 to pull it out, 5 HOURS later after I said 'hmm, looks solid enough, oopsy, then some 4 letter words,'....
50 days until Spring.........

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 6:26am
Ok, so I jsut 'had' to try the new rubber out....
...hmm they're not really so good on ice....Cry
kinda like 'teets on a bull' really.....
OH well, a GREAT excuse to get the D-14 running !
The 'trick' was to put FL in reverse, tug on long chain then very CAREFULLY get off D-14,get to FL to shut it down before hitting  D-14.

Strokendiesel002 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strokendiesel002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 8:06am
Had to be a sight to see!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 1:29pm
Wish someone would have filmed that for us to see 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 6:29am
well, come here this Spring, and I'm SURE I'll bury the Fl again....seem to do that 1-2 every spring...sigh....

So far I've used my D-14, neighbours HUGE loader, Hydro linetruck, neighbours 4x4 F150, and Kubota to 'release the forklift' over the years.
Jay

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 10:05am
Jay,
 You told me not to take mine outside! I can hardly wait to try it!
Regards,
 Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic