This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

drivers license requirements for 10k+ trailer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 9:54pm
oh....and those folks don't have that 2 ton truck anymore either, the flatbed company that mounted the bed had to move the plastic fuel tank so the bed would fit, they put it along side the exhaust pipe on one side...going up Big Thompson Canyon in CO, the heat melted the gas tank and the truck went up in flames, burnt that truck to the ground! we were able to get the trailer unhooked and a passer-by pulled the truck away from the trailer. no horses lost! 
Sponsored Links

Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 9:42am
Interesting thread. I have an unrestricted ACZ drivers license issued in Ontario. I am qualified to drive anything including doubles up to 140,000 lbs gross weight except double 53' trailers and have done so for more than 50 years. I had the same issue getting a straight answer about double towing with my RV trailer. Finally after two offices couldn't come up with an answer, they told me to call the scale. Simple answer. I can do anything the big trucks can do. My rig is a single wheel pickup, 40' fifth wheel camper, and a 12' utility trailer for the golf cart and parts. Total maximum vehicle rating add up to 31,000 lbs but I will weigh less than that. The weight on the RV axles is over 10,000 lbs. All axles and tires along with pin weight will be below maximum ratings. In Ontario gross combination weight is carried on the tow vehicle plate which in my case is 24,400 lbs. Have a farm plate which is unrestricted for personal use.  Total length is 75'. Have made the trip to Portland and then to Pontiac GOTO in 2018 with no issues and am planning to do the same to  Baraboo. Due to reciprocity, I am qualified to run a 140,000 lbs gross B train in Michigan. Should I expect any problems ? 
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic