This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D17 IV Brake Latch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D17 IV Brake Latch
    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 9:00pm
Looking for the ratchet, brake latch for a D17 IV part #70235328.  Believe it is the same as for the one-eighty, as I need the part for both.  It is in three pieces and has the groves the lever to lock the brakes on, latches into.  I need for both my D17 and one-eighty.  Any help in locating a set for both tractors would be appreciated.  Thanks, Dave
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 9:34pm
Unless my information is incorrect, AGCO has them. Contact an AGCO dealer. Something as important as the brake lock shouldn't be messed around with.

Edited by DrAllis - 22 Dec 2020 at 9:34pm
heitmantractorsalvag View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heitmantractorsalvag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 8:05am
heitman tractor salvage in durand wi has used ones. call 715 673 4829 for details
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 11:54am
Even with new brake locks of the ratchet tooth type they can release on their own if both pieces don't line up exactly right. Use parts that are worn can be dangerous for brake locks.  
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 2:55pm
Called Wells Implement in Plymouth NE.  They can get these for the D17 at $11.92 each.  Three are needed for the tractor.  I inquired about the ones for the one-eighty, which is a different part # but look the same.  They can get these at $1.21 each.  Went out to the shed.  Removed the ones from the one-eighty and ones from the D17.  Compared them.  They are virtually the same.  Came back in and ordered six with the one-eighty part #.  Go figure!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 6:51am
Interesting. Pretty clear the AGCO parts buyers are clueless that these ratchet teeth are exactly the same on D-17 IV, D-21-170-175-180-185-190-190XT-200-210-220.  Glad to see they have found a supplier that can provide them cheaper than the old supplier. Now, you probably also need to replace the 70257767 pawl lever, as it will be worn as well. It's only 50 bucks  !!!!
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:36am
Received the new brake ratchet teeth parts yesterday.  They are a bit larger than the originals.  The front top part is higher than on the original that curves down toward the front.  Installed them on my one-eighty and D17 IV.  They worked well with the tractor sitting in the shed, so it appears that the design change was a good one.  With the front sticking up a bit higher, the brake lock seems to engage and stay engaged better.  We will see once I get the tractors out and use them.  Thanks for all of the comments.  Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic