This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gittee up?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gittee up?
    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 8:57am
I just got a message on my Directv that I got a free preview of the "Cowboy Channel".  Do you think maybe they are reaching the end of the line on new programming?  I have access to the DOGTV channel.  Maybe CATTV?
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:43am
What is cat channel?
Cats 24/7 Is a TV Channel That Gives You What You Really Want. ... Every hour is filled with felines, from documentaries on big cats to YouTube-friendly cartoon skits and parodies. Shows include “Famous Felines,” “Scaredy Cats,” “Cats Gone Viral,” and many, many more.May 8, 2014
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:22am
They like for you to sign up for a "free preview" and then when the preview is over they start charging you for it. DISH does the same crap.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:53am
I would not want Direct TV as I got rid of Dish for the reason I had 220 channels and watched 5! I believe they are both a rip off!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 1:20pm
Gave up on Dish/Direct COMPLETELY, got a New TV is a "Smart" Tv that will interface wireless to the Computer connection.  Get local channels and a few free channels, Wife HAD TO HAVE Disney and a HULU Account.  We have Amazon Prime so Prime TV is already paid for.  Some 2-300 channels and STILL Nothing worth watching except the Weather Channel.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 5:29pm
Speaking of DISH they doubled the bill the next month after the contract ran out for me. Then sent me a missed you card after I dumped them. Jerks.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 5:37pm
YEP.... your paying for maybe 10 channels that you can actually watch.. The other 200 are worthless. Cant believe anyone even watches some of that crap.... We watch a lot of HGTV, History,  cartoons (grandkids) during the day.. At night we usually watch one of the 3 Network channels if they have a Detective or Doctor type show.. some Comedy are OK.. As soon as they bring out the BLDM BS, I TURN THEM OFF !
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 5:45pm
DISH and DIRECT also charge you to watch commercials they get paid to run by other people.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 6:21pm
Kind of relates, I had left a little money in a IRA Account thru work but shoveled the majority into a different broker account when turned 59 1/2, kept this as a Liquid fund for emergencies.  Been sitting there and losing money even with all the markets gains, so I delved into it.  Seems the damned investment group was fee laboring the account to death so I pulled it all.  First business day after I made the electronic choice they send me a Email, "Are You CERTAIN you want to pull your funds"   Stated Yes, paid my taxes up front and had it deposited in my zero growth savings account, but at least not a Negative growth.  A week later receive a Letter, a "We Miss You" letter.  Three weeks out, two more emails and a phone call, that is when they got BOTH Barrels.  Told the person that called Not their personal fault but my account was losing money faster than the Titanic took on water, and was on a Invest for Gains brokerage was not left just to sit and be fee nailed every month.  He looked it up, apologized for the lack of attention, to which I laid into him as to Lack Of Faith in a company that was costing me so much that then wants MY money back, kind of too little too late.  BTW I explained what was happening to the rest of retiree friends, they ALL pulled what little funds they had in this group.  They had a Run for a short period and LOST a Bundle in control fees.

Edited by DMiller - 03 Dec 2020 at 6:22pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 6:43pm
the guy would have to be an IDIOT or  MORON to loose money in the stock market in the last 4 years !!!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Walker Walker wrote:

Speaking of DISH they doubled the bill the next month after the contract ran out for me. Then sent me a missed you card after I dumped them. Jerks.

About 45 days before the contract is up I call them and see if they will it for another year. If they do I will stay with them, if not I cancel and go with the other provider whether it is Dish or Direct. Then I start getting the miss you messages. They sure as heck don't value loyal customers. And when I change providers I get updated equipment. At the farm I can use an over the air antenna to get a few local stations but here I am in a bad reception area and can't get squat.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 6:49pm
WE signed up with  DIRECTV in the very beginning, i think 1994... Cost was about $20 month.. Had them for 15 years as the price went up... One day the "BOX" crapped out. I called and told them.. They said "send us $200. and we will send you two boxes"... I said, IN A PIGS ASS YOU WILL !! .... They said SORRY, thats what it cost... I called DISHTV that day and got two boxes, installations both for FREE and $50. month cost for 2 YEARS... Been with them for 10 years.. Price is now about $75. ..... I still get letters from DIRECTV every week wanting me to SWITCH... FREE BOX.. FREE INSTALL.. $300. VISA CARD !!!  YEP.... they had their chance.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:29pm

A word of warning on those "FREE GIFT CARDS" they promise you,,,,,
 The card is for real,,,IF you use it up as fast as you can when you get it. The Company you get it from, and it ain't dish or Directtv or comcast,,it is the company that issues the card. They are allowed to charge a "nominal monthly fee"  AGAINST the balance in the card,,!!  I had got a $200 FREE card from Dish,,, thru a bank in South Dakota,,,, issued to a company in California, which had started charging a monthly fee against "MY" card from the very FIRST month til they depleted the whole friggin balance!!! YES that's correct.  I had been saving the card for Christmas but Christmas was too far away and them thieves got the whole thing and not a thing to be done aboot it. The Attorney General's office  in California told me there wasn't a thing they could do to help me. SOOOo, I cancelled Dish forever!! They KNEW it happened and allowed it !!  All kinds of thieves out there,,,,!!!!
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:48pm
Hubert, dial in utube and search for one word, the word is Roku.

Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 1:13am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

the guy would have to be an IDIOT or  MORON to loose money in the stock market in the last 4 years !!!

Watch it now,  I own some stock in Patriot One. My cost avg. is $1.03 it's now $.42, but hey they claim I can average down now. LOL

OOPS!  Correction, I just checked,  it's now $.43Wink

Edited by Kansas99 - 04 Dec 2020 at 1:20am
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic