This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This years deer story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This years deer story
    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 6:45pm
My boss and I hunt the same property. We are both friends with the owner, and it's a pretty good place to hunt whitetails. I don't bow hunt, but the boss does, he pulled the trail camera a couple weeks before rifle season started, and sure enough there's some nice bucks on there. So he gets all excited, and sets up his blind, with a view of large scrape. Sits in there a couple of days and sees nothing, but does, and a spike. So one afternoon he takes a break and get's lunch, back in the blind by 3:15, hunts the afternoon/evening, and grabs the card out of the trail cam when he leaves, and see's this first pic when he get's home. He was pretty bummed. The time stamp is off an hour due to not resetting for the end of DST, so that buck is standing there at 2:48 pm, and remember the boss didn't get back to the blind until 3:15 pm that day.

Sure enough rifle season starts up and who should come trucking across the pasture on the trail of a hot doe, and walk within 57 yards of my blind opening morning literally 45 minutes into the season, but the very same bruiser. Luckily for me I was in my blind at the right time. I guess when it comes to getting big whitetails timing is everything. Weighed 170 lbs field dressed. The 25-06 did the trick. Sometimes I "almost" feel sorry for my boss.

TDF

Sponsored Links

Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 8:47pm
Nice deer but I don’t think I would ask for a raise anytime soon lol. Also be sure to get the boss a nice Christmas present this year to soften the blow of getting his deer lol
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:13pm
yeah...i'd send him a couple deer steaks! 
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 10:17pm
Reminds me of a story several years ago. My accountant and I had an all day sit planned. We arrived early and got settled in separate stands. Only does moved in the morning with no shots. Late in the morning my daughter called. She had borrowed my pickup and it would not start. Dead battery. In disgust I climbed down, told my accountant what happened and we left to get a battery and drive 45 minutes to daughter's house to swap batteries. Decided not to go back and did some errands. A few days later I returned and checked camera at the stand she was using. Just ten yards from the stand was the largest 10 point I have ever seen on that property was there shortly after we had to leave. Never saw that deer again.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 1:09am

Hey TDF,,that right there is a nice 10 pointer,,,!!!ClapClap BUT,,there ain't no way I would of shot THAT buck,,,knowin the Boss had seen it before you did!!! Most Bosses have a terribly LONG memory and even tho he ain't sayin nuttin now,,,,,,you prolly done axed any future promotions,,,,,,,,,Wink
 I would try at least a whole hind quarter ,,,(already cut and wrapped),,WinkWink
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 1:32am
naw Joe...you don't wanna spoil them...then they'll always expect it in the future!
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 6:26am
TDF,
I would have done the same you did. Just maybe not tell him
Nice deer BTW

Edited by plummerscarin - 24 Nov 2020 at 6:27am
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 8:41am
TDF,
 Very nice buck. Hope your boss is OK!:)
Congratulations! Will the trophy be mounted? 
I think in the first picture the bujck is staring at the buck on the target bag, and seeing if he should go in a kick his but!
 I agree that its rare when you can kill one from the couch!
Thanks for posting. Reminds me I should get the 30.06 out and go site it in!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:26am
Great looking deer! 25/06 is an awesome round, one of my very favorites!
TDF View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

Will the trophy be mounted? 

Not gonna do a full mount, too darn expensive.  I'm a meat hunter, and shoot the first deer that is made out of meat that walks past me every year.  This big boy just made the mistake of being first.  He's already skinned out, deboned, cut up and in the freezer.  I did cut the horns out, and bought one of them 12 dollar wood plaques to screw them to to hang in the office in the house.  

TDF
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 5:45pm
Invite yer boss over to see the mount.  Save the back side of the deer, fer a new doorbell...Wink

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 6:01am
Dave, I think I'd knock....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
ocharry View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 10:45am
nice deer TDF,,,yep i would show the boss and tell him he should take lunch with him next time

deer season here was a bust for me,,,i got some nice pics of deer,,,had 5 nice bucks on one of the plots a couple times,,,lots of does,,,but i had this one nice 10 pointer kinda picked out,,,,he was there all the time ,,,kinda figured he would be the dominate buck,,,,so i was looking for him.....here in missery the bucks have to have 4 points on one side to be legal,,,,so first morn im out early,,,,saw 1 smaller buck,,,,not a shooter,,,,for four days i was out all day,,,,not a thing,,,nuttin,,,,so one evening i took the dog out to pee,,,theres a deer in the upper field blowing ,,,,huh,,,yeah,,,,several times,,,,i put the dogs in get the electric torch out,,,,yep there is a deer up there,,,,bout 200 yrds,,,,cant tell what it is,,,,so i go around the house pick up the binos and walk down the fence a ways,,,,looking up there where it was,,,gone,,,,so just for grins i scan the field,,,,there he is,,,,MR.BIG BAG,,,,prolly 60 yrds from me,,,looking right at me.....i swear he was smiling....so dont know where they all went,,,was seeing them almost every day,,,,but during deer season ,,,nuttin,,yep a heck of a week or 10 days,,,saw 1 more doe,,on day 9,,,i dont like to shoot does BUT i will,,,,nope not this one,,, she did the hooodeene vanishing act into the cedars,,,never saw her again  

so gots a doe season coming up maybe then?? 

ocharry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic