This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD4 BAckhoe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD4 BAckhoe
    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 6:03am
What model of backhoe was designed to go on the back of an HD4? My uncle has an HD4, and he has the diverter valve with the hoses sticking out the back and the frame is on the back as well, so it must have had a hoe on it at one time, we are just missing the hoe itself LOL
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 4:03pm
AC 615 backhoe - 14' ft hoe - fits onto tool carrier bracket on rear , detachable mount . 
Just happen to have on setting out back from my HD4 - kept the hoe when I traded machine .  
 It uses a Cesna Rotary Piston which mounts above the hoe instead of swing cylinders . 
Valve body for hoe uses the diverted flow so loader becomes set in position once hoe is energized. 

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 19 Nov 2020 at 4:05pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 12:14pm
I use to have one on an H3 loader. Very handy as you could drop the hoe off or remount it in less than 15 minutes.
Jack of all trades, master of none
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

AC 615 backhoe - 14' ft hoe - fits onto tool carrier bracket on rear , detachable mount . 
Just happen to have on setting out back from my HD4 - kept the hoe when I traded machine .  
 It uses a Cesna Rotary Piston which mounts above the hoe instead of swing cylinders . 
Valve body for hoe uses the diverted flow so loader becomes set in position once hoe is energized. 

Is it for sale?

Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
John(IN) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John(IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 12:05pm
If you don't get the one from Coke, contact me at z29ford@gmail.com. I also have one I took off my HD4 that I probably won't put back on.
Learn something every day!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 12:08pm
Or buy both and have spare parts.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 1:28pm
Dang: replied but mist have not hit the post reply - it's kind of a long way to travel but yes mine is for sale , 24" bucket with it , I have the crowd cylinder now on my  AC 715B TLB so would need to switch them . 
 outriggers , crowd, boom cylinders are the same dimensions and interchange with other machines . 
 One thing you have to know is with hoe mounted on HD4 all the weight ends up on rear axle shafts and bearings and with hoe mounter machine is light in front , care is needed when using . I broke 4 axles and had to have rear cases machines to replace bearing race area of case as casting gave out so steel inserts machined and welded into case to replace the race area.  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 3:38pm
I never had any trouble with the finals on my H3 but I always dismounted the hoe if I didn't have any immediate work for it.
Jack of all trades, master of none
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 4:21pm
Doing septic systems , after tank was installed and inspected - filled hole - and waiting for that inspection dug a couple trenches and partially backfilled the trench after installing drain field - so was keeping to hoe on machine while working . 
 When done to complete job removed how and graded . 
When I got the AC 715 TLB , a New Holland skid-steer , and the FA- FD5 - it cut a couple hours off the jobs as could handle rock with New Holland instead of HD4 - or use the 715 to both dig and backfill rock 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic