This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

had a dude stop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: had a dude stop
    Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 11:31pm
he wants to buy all the hoists off my old wagons. i really don't wanna go to the exercise of taking them off and leaving an empty wagon in disaray. told him to buy the whole wagon and he can do what he wants with it. he said he wou;ldn't pay anymore for the whole wagon. i told him to leave! i've made deer stands outta several old wagons with/without hoists, but the box is still attached to the gear. any ya'll sold your old wagons, how much ya gits if i can ask? i see alot of them go for between $350-$750.
Sponsored Links

JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 6:28pm
I was down at Austin's salvage one day and somebody came by wanting a rear wheel for a tractor.  Joe gave the guy a price for one he had with a tire on it, the guy asked how much for just the wheel without the tire?  Joe didn't hesitate, just added another $50 to the price, the guy paid him and loaded tire & wheel in his truck and left.

When I saw the post I thought you was gonna say he wanted to buy valve stems.

Edited by JW in MO - 17 Nov 2020 at 6:30pm
Maximum use of available resources!
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 6:39pm
JW  that is funny !!
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 7:20pm
Neighbor built an addition on his house and bought Paschlode nailer to build with. When he was finished he put the nailer on Ebay and someone wanted it but never sent the money. So he put it back on Ebay asking 25 percent more and sold it! Shameless you were right to tell the guy to leave as he was a scammer! Custom Ag spraying Company had a 3208 Cat engine fail in their sprayer so they called around for a used one. They found one at a bone yard but told the owner he was too high in price. So they called all over the country and couldn't find a motor. They called back to the guy that had one and said they would take his and he said for a thousand dollars more because I know it's the only one around !
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:00am
Had a guy looking for a boat motor two years ago. Old Johnson hydro shift I put the water tank down filled with water starts idles shifted powered as much as I dared in the tank.told him $200 he keeps boat and motor bring the trailer back. That's a real good deal but I just want the motor I told him I'll take the motor off and put in your truck $1000. That didn't sound like much of a deal. I bought the boat for$250 and wanted the trailer told him best take the original deal he brought my trailer back two weeks later. I did say there's no rush I know where you live. He was happy turns out he needed the control assembly his didn't work right and the steering. Then I sold the other boat now I've got an empty trailer sitting in the yard.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 4:10pm
I used to work for a hard headed ole contractor. He had a truck for sale. He parked it out front of our job site. A guy stopped by and asked to look at it. The ole contractor said have at it. He looked it over and here he came. Asked what he wanted for it? He said he’d take 1750.00
He went and looked a little more.
He came back and asked what did you say you’d take for it? The old guy said I’d have to have 1800.00
The guy messed around a little more and came back again. This time he asked what his bottom dollar would be. The old man told him 1900.00
The guy looked at him and said I sure wish I’d heard you the first time.
He counted out 1900 and took the truck. Is laborers were rolling on the floor laughing.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 5:59pm
Before bought my Allis 7G I had looked all over for a decent machine to work ith, guy had a Deere 455 sitting at a yard outside of Troy MO so I went to see him, Friend saw the For Sale Sign on his fence by it.  Drove up, sign says $3500 OBO, so I ask if can hear run, tells me batteries are out of it and not available to start it, told him would bring fresh batteries up where he noted would have to ask more for it running.  Tractor STILL Sits where it was and is rotting of its own volition some ten years later.  The For Sale sign is rotted and laying against the fence.  Been told he now wants $5000 for it as a Antique.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:05pm
I've done the raise the price routine, several times.  They come look at something and lowball me on the price, I raise the price by the same amount that they try to chisel off my original price!  Then when they start bitchin, I say, Hey you started this dickerin sh!t!  Most of the time, they drive off, in a huff, in all directions! I really don't care, the driveway goes up, it goes down.  When you get to the end of it, you can turn left, or right!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 7:06pm
Shameless, were these wagons advertised "for sale" or did the dude happen to see it/them from the road and stop in and inquire ?
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

I've done the raise the price routine, several times.  They come look at something and lowball me on the price, I raise the price by the same amount that they try to chisel off my original price!  Then when they start bitchin, I say, Hey you started this dickerin sh!t!  Most of the time, they drive off, in a huff, in all directions! I really don't care, the driveway goes up, it goes down.  When you get to the end of it, you can turn left, or right!Wink
IMO, you should have started out $1000 higher than you wanted, by the time they "lowballed" you, you'd have had your price and not had to haggle with the next guy Confused ?
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:17pm
Sell the hoist for $W and the hydraulic hose for $X and the Pioneer end for $Y. And the oil inside the hose for $Z. Starting to make the package deal, wagon and all, look like the way to go. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 6:17am
I advertised my first WD in the paper (before internet) and had a guy and his wife come out and look at it. I was asking $750. I was using it when he showed up. Good ole tractor but was completely wore out. I drug it out of a field and home 10 miles up the road for $50. Fixed it up to working order and used it for several years.

Joe Allis expert was looking it over while I was talking to his wife. He came back with an offer of $250. He said he restores them and knew what he was doing. I said I kinda do too and I was going to get was what I was asking so unless you want to pony up just go on back home. Pissed him off. Wife was very apologetic.

Next day I advertised it again for $1200. Couple of days later a guy bought it over the phone (sort of) and showed up the next day and took it home, cash for the asking price.

I got the idea from when we sold our first house. Small town 120 year old money pit.
Got it fixed up, lived there about 5 years. Put it on the market, got a offer within a week.
Financing fell through. Didn't get anymore inquiries for a couple of months and I told the realtor to raise the price $20k. Realtor said we were making a mistake. Nah.... see what happens. Sure as sh!t, sold it in a week and he was a good buyer.

I guess people look in there price range they intend to spend and don't bother to look at anything else.

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

I used to work for a hard headed ole contractor. He had a truck for sale. He parked it out front of our job site. A guy stopped by and asked to look at it. The ole contractor said have at it. He looked it over and here he came. Asked what he wanted for it? He said he’d take 1750.00
He went and looked a little more.
He came back and asked what did you say you’d take for it? The old guy said I’d have to have 1800.00
The guy messed around a little more and came back again. This time he asked what his bottom dollar would be. The old man told him 1900.00
The guy looked at him and said I sure wish I’d heard you the first time.
He counted out 1900 and took the truck. Is laborers were rolling on the floor laughing.

That right there is what bad hearing costs you every time,,,,LOLLOL
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:16am
clearing stuff out next door, i put in ad....
'includes loading help if pay full asking price'

guy comes for a skid of paving stones(60 per layer, 4 layers, 5# each,so 1200#s total).
I watched him sweat for an HOUR handbalming them into his pickup while I drove the forklift around lifting heavier loads making next door 'tidy' for the new owner...
the guy 'saved' $50.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:03am
i've got alot of older equipment here, so i spose he thought i'd have some old wagons too. he was right...i do! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic