This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FS turn the key and it WINS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS turn the key and it WINS!!!
    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 1:37pm
Update: The engine from this tractor has been sold, The Chassis is still available.  

I have a CA puller available.  This tractor is virtually unbeatable at 2500 pounds and has shown to be competitive at weights up to 4500 pounds. The tractor sells without weights. It will pull open speed classes at 2500 pounds in 3rd gear at about 10-12 MPH with the 18.4X16.1 tires. This summer it has done well in a few 6MPH classes with 14.9X26 tires. The bare tractor with the 18.4X16.1 tires is about 2200 pounds and weighs about 2350 with the 14.9X26 tires. I will sell it with either set of tires or work with you on some other size that would suit your local rules. All weigh brackets will be included. Drawbar is fully adjustable up & down as well as in & out. Along with wheelie bars.  
  I personally designed and built this 170CID engine in a standard CA block and head. It has proven to be a rock solid reliable as a stock engine.  I estimate that it makes 60HP or so. It runs on E85 through a Holley carburetor into a D14/15 manifold that is fitted to the standard CA head.  The distributer has an electronic ignition conversion. The clutch is built to stand up the the HP and the axle clutch has been removed and replaced with a LH solid axle.
  Just yesterday I placed 4th (of 12) in a 4500 pound 6MPH class against some very seriously competitive much larger tractors, An Oliver Su88, A couple WD45s and a few John Deere As.  I have often won the 3000 pound class by a wide margin. 
  I have more pictures available and will answer any questions. Serious inquiries would be best to email me directly at; the1orangewizard@gmail.com. Start out the 2021 season on a winner!

This is at 2500 pounds
[TUBE]xxEUbb1qNmo[/TUBE]
another win at 2500 pounds.
[TUBE]JWiqqJ8TSpk[/TUBE]
Here it is winning at 3000 pounds, I was last in the class and previously the winner had pulled to were the flagperson was standing when I started my pull.
[TUBE]Gt6FyDApako[/TUBE]

Edited by PaulB - 07 Feb 2021 at 11:47am
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 10:41am
Be ready to out pull everyone in 2021Thumbs Up
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 1:14am
i wish i had someone to video my last 2 winning pulls at Cooper Tx  where I won in both 3000 and 3500 with a bone stock engine. Outpulled the second place Farmalls  by more than 50 feet while drinking a Diet  Dr Pepper. 
    I had the old girl in first gear for both hooks displaying my Back The Blue and American Flag sticks stuck in the grill  screen.
    This Sat**day the 14th I'm joining a day long in and around Henderson  Tx. May use 4th gear. This will be my first trail ride.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 2:11pm
You have it right Ken:  With what the CA Grampa gear ratio is, if you only have 24" tires a stock engine will do what's needed. Now if you want to used taller tires or faster gears, that needs POWERThumbs Up
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 12:35am
Thanks for the comment Paul .  I just do what is possible on my limited funds. Fuel and time to make a 2 hour one way haul for 2 hooks at 80 years old. Am I nuts or what? Just for braggin rights.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 8:14am
Ken, get that straight!  80 years YOUNG.  God bless ya! And no, you're not nuts. Yer' havin' fun! Keep going. My Father went to 97. If it wasn't for the kidney issues he had, I'd swear he'd still be here with us. He didn't let his age slow him down. He still hunted, fished, mowed the lawn and played golf up to 95 till his kidneys started givin' him troubles again. The last couple years he was with us started putting the brakes on in his life. He lived a good one though!  Keep rollin' ma' man keep rollin' !
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 11:49am
The engine from this tractor has been sold. The chassis is still available. When time permits I will be putting together an engine from parts on the shelf that will make about 45HP to put into this chassis if it does not sell as a chassis. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic