This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2021 Last Year for the Simplicity Legacy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2021 Last Year for the Simplicity Legacy
    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 7:10pm
Was informed by my local dealer today. They inquired if i would like to trade up from my Legacy XL.
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 6:00pm
So it that it for Simplicity or will this model be upgraded ?
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 8:23am
When I asked my dealer, he said that the Legacy XL will be available in 4WD only. 2WD will not be made in 2021.
Curt Anderson
HD3, HD5B, HD6E, HD6AG,HD6B dozer, I-400, 615, 616,(2) 620, 720, ACP25 lift truck, 1956 D Special Grader, AC 540 loader, AC 655 crawler loader, AC #84 plow, Simplicity lawn tractors.
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 9:05am
Dang - I hadn't heard that.  I've got a 2018 4WD with 3pt/PTO that I love - great tractor.   I'm sure it's just a matter of numbers.  I have a friend who works for Briggs (he was a Simplicity Mfg. employee that went through the transition) who said that they really don't build many Legacy tractors.  The numbers are just too low for them to realize the economies of scale to justify greater investment in the line or a lower sticker price. They can't compete with the others in the size for the $.  That's why a Diesel option never re-emerged.

One interesting thing he also told me was that the Legacys are not built on the normal production line.  When they do a run, they have a separate area and there are only about 6 employees who build them - he likened it to the production of some of the limited run cars out there.

Edited by GreenOrange - 29 Oct 2020 at 9:09am
farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 1:22pm
4wd is only way to go! Couldn't give me a new 2wd tractor or any size to use today! Love our FWA ones! We started selling FWA when they first came out and many thought we were nuts. But all them have them today! 
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic