This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD5G brake rod pins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD5G brake rod pins
    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 8:37pm
anyone have a source for the pins that connects the brake band to the foot peddle rod?
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Sponsored Links

gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 4:20am
This rod have 2 cutter pines and parts number 088389 and should have some
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 8:08am
Lou, do you mean the pins about 3" long, about 5/8" diameter that you pull from the holes in the side of the housing? I made my own from stainless steel rod, I got it from Mcmaster Carr, cut to length and drilled and tapped a 5/16" hole in one end to be able to pull it out, very important to do as I just had to pull mine to repair the clutch in my loader.. I do have a few old ones in steel, slightly worn. I can look for you if you want the used ones.  i made them out of Stainless as steel ones can get frozen in the Z arm.
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 8:21am
Thanks. actually I wasn't real clear on my description. I'm looking for the 049993. and also for 050326 brake band pins.
Thanks
Wait for the Lord;
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 8:29am
Originally posted by dadsdozerhd5b dadsdozerhd5b wrote:

Lou, do you mean the pins about 3" long, about 5/8" diameter that you pull from the holes in the side of the housing? I made my own from stainless steel rod, I got it from Mcmaster Carr, cut to length and drilled and tapped a 5/16" hole in one end to be able to pull it out, very important to do as I just had to pull mine to repair the clutch in my loader.. I do have a few old ones in steel, slightly worn. I can look for you if you want the used ones.  i made them out of Stainless as steel ones can get frozen in the Z arm.

Ya, that's the ones. The one that connects the actuating rod to the bell crank is also MIA, but it was those two I was referring to. But you have a good idea, I think I will just get SS and make my own. McMasterCarr is a good friend of mine! LOL 
As you can see in the pics, 'some assembly required', and a few pieces are missing

thanks
Wait for the Lord;
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 8:47am
If you can have these pines from Dadsdozerhd5b I let him go am from CANADA but if I can help some time am still have some ALLIS CHALMERS small parts.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 10:34am
remember those pins have a relief area machined into them so they won't slide out , 
some lathe work required as well as drilling and tapping end .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 11:59am
I did not put any relief areas on mine. once they are down where they belong I think they can"t come out. the one is trapped by the bracket mounted to the rear housing. the one that goes through the adjuster now that you say that might be able to come out. i always thought that the relief was wear on the pin. I have 2 HD5s running with straight pins and none have come out. maybe i am lucky. now that I say that, here comes trouble! I just had my loader apart 2 weeks ago as the center bolt came out of the throw out bearing hub and they were where I put them. now I am wondering. hmmmm. 
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 3:49pm
Yep a reason for everything - and to have a pin slide out of the brake band or move to one side and hang up internally - one of the little things of why duplicating parts to same look of old ones (without the wear) is recommended.
 I made up the blocks that go in the master clutch throw out bearing forks on mill and made external dimension slightly larger to make up for the wear on forks .   
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 3:57pm
BTW Coke, SN was right where you said it would be, under about four thick coats of Persian Orange! 11,2XX
Wait for the Lord;
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 8:42pm
srl # says a 1951  for build 11071 to 14289

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic